Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mickey Adams - where do you stand

You position on Micky Adams' tenure:

• Adams In. Best candidate on our budget and/or we'll be in playoffs this season or next under him.

Votes: 16 16.0%
  • Adams In. Obviously I want results but lets give him 18 months or longer before judging him

Votes: 23 23.0%
  • Adams In. Lets judge him at the end of the season.

Votes: 29 29.0%
  • Adams In, if it's looking like relegation after the January transfer window, the board should act

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • Adams In, but if w're trouble by Christmas I want the board to get rid

Votes: 13 13.0%
  • Adams Out now. I don't like the way he plays football and/or his crap tactics

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Adams Out now. Look at our league position FFS. Don't forget, we were 7th last year

Votes: 3 3.0%

• Total voters

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm trying to cover all bases here with a poll to establish what people are thinking. Clearly it's not as simple as Adams in or out for most people.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
hopefuly mickey will be standing in the dougout and i will be standing on the terraces :thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sorry Sim, but NONE of those options reflect my viewpoint. I'd like to tick;

"Adams IN, because sacking another manager would be expensive and counter-productive, but please could he sort out the rubbish tactics / selections / substitutions"

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003

"Adams IN, because sacking another manager would be expensive and counter-productive, but please could he sort out the rubbish tactics / selections / substitutions"

That does sort of sum it up.

Again the coaching staff looks weak, but then Adams would probably appoint Cork and Heath, which would not help.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Admas In, but can he stop the team playing like a bunch of leg mentals, please

That does sort of sum it up.

Again the coaching staff looks weak, but then Adams would probably appoint Cork and Heath, which would not help.

That is also how I feel. But surely there is a point in time when he persists with his crap team selection, we slide into trouble and you say enough is enough?

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
That is also how I feel. But surely there is a point in time when he persists with his crap team selection, we slide into trouble and you say enough is enough?

Just as an aside, assume we did sack him tomorrow, who would you want as his replacement? (Wilkins not allowed)

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
The reality is you advertise the job and see who applies, unless the club is willing to pay compensation to another club.

That wasn't what I asked. I said 'who would you want?'. I'm well aware of the process of getting another manager. I just think it's bloody ridiculous that some people are even thinking of it right now.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I'm not going to fan the flames of frenzy by naming my candidates. :cool:
Ok. I actually think the squad is pretty decent. There's a few I'd happily say goodbye to but most of them aren't in the team (Mayo, Hart, Loft). I think most of them have something they can contribute.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Mmm, another manager who hasn't won promotion from this division. Excellent suggestion.
Yeah he only got Barnsley promoted to the Premiership on gates half the size of rival clubs. Utterly ridiculous idea.

(YOU asked what was a very stupid question, so why are YOU being such a twat about it?)

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
That wasn't what I asked. I said 'who would you want?'. I'm well aware of the process of getting another manager. I just think it's bloody ridiculous that some people are even thinking of it right now.

Can we have Coppell back then please.

The reality is if Adams were to go, Chairman Knight would have to look at his position due to the Knight of the Long Knives, but Knight is unlikely to do that, so unless we manage to relegate ourselves, Adams is fairly safe.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Yeah he only got Barnsley promoted to the Premiership on gates half the size of rival clubs. Utterly ridiculous idea.

(You asked the question, so why are being such a twat about it?)

How long ago was that now? Oh, and more recently, didn't he manage one of the biggest clubs in League One, and fail to get them promotion?? That might have even been behind us, but yeah, I'll continue to be a twat about it.

I'm asking the question, because it's f***ing ridiculous that people are even talking about replacing Adams, it's mind-blowing how dumb some of our fans are (that's not directly aimed at you btw).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here