Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Michael Standing

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
BarrelofFun said:
Quote from Walsall friend - "I quite liked him. Good player until he got injured and didn't quite regain his stature. But then Merson was pretty poor - one game he fielded 6 centre backs!!"

Sounds like a plan McGhee!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Paul Reid struggled to get into a shit Bradford team, so Standing could do a job. However do we really want a player who f***ed off at the 1st opportunity when the club was in the shit? yeah I know Archer Bellotti etc but he is a Brighton lad

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Uncle Buck said:
Have we got 6 centre backs?

Butters, Hinsh, El-Abd, Elphick and Lynch. I guess Mayo could fill in as the 6th.

4 in midfield OK for the opening day?

Simply convert Kuipers now hes back in favour. Youve got to experiment you know, we have a young inexperienced team, withdean, lack of atmosphere, get behind the players, play offs, bids for strikers etc etc.

If he dares point out that hes actually a goalkeeper - put him back on the transfer list! He obviously does not want to play for the team!

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Tubby Mondays said:
Simply convert Kuipers now hes back in favour. Youve got to experiment you know, we have a young inexperienced team, withdean, lack of atmosphere, get behind the players, play offs, bids for strikers etc etc.

If he dares point out that hes actually a goalkeeper - put him back on the transfer list! He obviously does not want to play for the team!

He played up front against Crowborough.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Les Biehn said:
He's the new Nicolas. Or the old Nicolas. Or the poor man's Gareth Barry. I don't know but he must be worth a trial if if he's on a year to replace Oatway.

At the time he left Brighton Im sure Gareth Barry was just a bit part in the transfer. Standing was the player they wanted the most.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
chez said:
At the time he left Brighton Im sure Gareth Barry was just a bit part in the transfer. Standing was the player they wanted the most.

I know, pretty unbelievable now. Standing was gonna be the next Gavin McCann.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Les Biehn said:
I know, pretty unbelievable now. Standing was gonna be the next Gavin McCann.

where did it all go wrong

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Turns out Gareth Barry was the better player. Apparently.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Les Biehn said:
Turns out Gareth Barry was the better player. Apparently.

but he is clearly not dick knights nephew

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Scotty M said:
but he is clearly not dick knights nephew

But he is Michael Standings. So that makes him what? Dick Knights great nephew?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Icy Gull said:
Paul Reid struggled to get into a shit Bradford team, so Standing could do a job. However do we really want a player who f***ed off at the 1st opportunity when the club was in the shit? yeah I know Archer Bellotti etc but he is a Brighton lad
That Bradford team was in the division above us, this Walsall side have just been relegated to League Two.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I'm pretty sure his mother is the sister of DK.....or his father is DK's brother. Either way, I'm quite sure he's DK nephew or something.

Mind you, DK wouldn't recognise him if he was stood on Brighton beach wearing an Albion shirt with a seagull on his head! (Yes I know that was about Gareth Barry).

Funniest thing John Gregory ever said though! :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here