Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I've heard he is DK's nephew

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
DAMANCLAY said:
If he was that good I doubt very much he would have been released. His wages cant have been that high
But if you look at it that way then he must be good because Villa had to pay us nigh on half a million quid for him. If my memory serves me correct he was the one with the england u18 caps, not Gareth Barry. My memory has been destroyed by drugs and alcohol though, so I could be wrong :drink: :rave:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Didnt I hear he was Dick Knight's nephew?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
DAMANCLAY said:
Usually you tend to clear the decks by getting rid of the worse players not the better ones.

True but Paul Reid was shipped out by Bradford and he aint done too badly for us!

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
I would think he is on a high wage. Villa would have put him on a decent wage and Bradford were throwing money about when they signed him and got rid of him for that reason. Walsall were paying decent money, hence them being able to attract Merson, Kinsella etc. Yes, clubs do get rid of poor players when they have a clear out, but they also have to get rid of good ones if they are earning too much too support.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
True but Paul Reid was shipped out by Bradford and he aint done too badly for us!

but reid was then in a higher division, albeit it in a side going down to be replaced with us. and he certainly isnt dks nephew

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Tubby Mondays said:
I would think he is on a high wage. Villa would have put him on a decent wage and Bradford were throwing money about when they signed him and got rid of him for that reason. Walsall were paying decent money, hence them being able to attract Merson, Kinsella etc. Yes, clubs do get rid of poor players when they have a clear out, but they also have to get rid of good ones if they are earning too much too support.

Far too likely to be the truth, wild rumours are more fun and people having their own TV shjows....

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Quote from Walsall friend - "I quite liked him. Good player until he got injured and didn't quite regain his stature. But then Merson was pretty poor - one game he fielded 6 centre backs!!"

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Uncle Buck said:
I remember Jeff Wood doing that at Hartlepool a few years ago during one of 4 nil nil draws I have seen us get up there.

I think it was a game at the start of the season and they lost 5-2 to Swansea at home....backfired a bit! Merson offered his resignation three times I think.

Jeff Bonser is the sort of man to put profit before the team and if he doesn't think he would get a great deal from Standing - short term contract etc. then he simply won't spend the money.

Yoda

English & European
Didn't Doug Ellis say DK wouldn't recognise him standing on Brighton Beach, wearing a Brighton Shirt and a seagull on his head?

Then we all found out he was his nephew or something?

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Isn't he Kanchelskis' love child, or something?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here