Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Michael owen

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Please, no. not again!
I don't think I could take another summer of Michael Owen rumours.

Think I might go and lock myself in a cupboard somewhere for the next 2 months.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It's happening....you surely do not doubt me.:cheery::cheery::cheery:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In the Red Tops yesterday they suggested he was going to go to West Ham which is quite logical because travel to and from LONDON is easy from anywhere io the country.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
In the Red Tops yesterday they suggested he was going to go to West Ham which is quite logical because travel to and from LONDON is easy from anywhere io the country.

He could land his chopper at Shoreham Airport, which is pretty convenient tbh.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Is that a promise? Although could you do it after my birthday please?

Please, no. not again!
I don't think I could take another summer of Michael Owen rumours.

Think I might go and lock myself in a cupboard somewhere for the next 2 months.

After his birthday and make it 4 months pls - my ears have been resting nicely the last month... xx

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
BBC Sport - Michael Owen not retiring despite Manchester United release

Michael Owen says he does not plan to retire, despite Manchester United confirming the striker would not be offered a new contract at Old Trafford. The 32-year-old said he would "contemplate his next move" during a short holiday, but was not ready to give up his top-flight playing career.
"The Championship is not an option," he said. "I'd like to think I haven't lost the ability to score goals at the highest level."

What if no teams in the Premiership actually want him though, and he still wants to play at a reasonably high level ??
The Championship would almost certainly be his only option, as i doubt if he would move abroad again now either !!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What if no teams in the Premiership actually want him though, and he still wants to play at a reasonably high level ??
The Championship would almost certainly be his only option, as i doubt if he would move abroad again now either !!!

To be fair....we took a punt on Vicente, knowing he had a serious injury problem which took the major part of the season to get him fit...of course when he did get fit, we all know the outcome.

So we have precedence there

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
After his birthday and make it 4 months pls - my ears have been resting nicely the last month... xx

Stop ganging up on little me. Anyway, someone's got to make some noise in WSU while you blokes sit there sipping your Bovril!

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
As these posts are mainly rumour here is my contribution from a usually informed source
1 The pay cap is £14,000
2 Interested in Billy Sharp
3 Gus had a meeting at the other Albion much to Tonys annoyance
4The letter on my keyboard beteen v and x is not orking.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
To be fair....we took a punt on Vicente, knowing he had a serious injury problem which took the major part of the season to get him fit...of course when he did get fit, we all know the outcome.

So we have precedence there

but Vicente didnt make any statments about "Championship is not an option". fact is, assuming his his wages are low enough, he will get a Premiership club.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
but Vicente didnt make any statments about "Championship is not an option". fact is, assuming his his wages are low enough, he will get a Premiership club.

It would be interesting what clubs are prepared to accept as a "reasonable risk" in terms of injury. Certainly he wasn't in Sir Alex's plans ( having said that nor was Berbatov) and did seem to get injured quite often and of course man City were burned by hargreaves, even though he was convinced he was fit at the beginning of the season. It would be interesting to note if clubs can get insurance also...maybe that is something that Vicente will be subject to?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here