Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Michael Owen to Man U!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'm surprised Liverpool haven't tried to sign him.

i think thats far more lilky than this rumour. they need cover for Torres (other forwards they have arent out and out strikers) and little budget for buying, Owen would suit them well.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
i think thats far more lilky than this rumour. they need cover for Torres (other forwards they have arent out and out strikers) and little budget for buying, Owen would suit them well.

Not sure Benitez wants him - didn't go in for him when he left Real Madrid although Owen would definitely have gone back.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
I'm not sure form's important, I think having a man u shirt would make him an automatic pick for england. That's the only way to explain wes brown...

I actually rate Wes Brown. Although I would of played Carragher ahead of him every time. Indeed, I would of played Carragher ahead of Terry..

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Has Fegie completely lost the plot?First he tries to play Barcelona at there own game,and should have got totaly stuffed,the score flattered Utd...Now he wants Owen who is clearly past his sell by date,will never play more than 5 games in a row again..I think the other so called big 3 must be rubbing there hands together.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Has Fegie completely lost the plot?First he tries to play Barcelona at there own game,and should have got totaly stuffed,the score flattered Utd...Now he wants Owen who is clearly past his sell by date,will never play more than 5 games in a row again..I think the other so called big 3 must be rubbing there hands together.

I disagree, although, yes owen is certainly past it, when playing along side the likes of rooney, he is always going to score goals!
Especially in a team like united's, he would fit in well as the other forwards tend to play out wide or deeper, whereas he would wait fir the ball in the box, 9/10 chances he gets in that position, he would score.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Not sure Benitez wants him - didn't go in for him when he left Real Madrid although Owen would definitely have gone back.

i recall he did enquire about him back then but the money was too much. on a free at now considerably reduced wages, must be an option.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
There are only two possible outcomes, and Fergie knows that.

In a year's time, it would either be a huge gamble that backfired after yet another injury - or a spectacular success with Owen staying fit and scoring 25 goals after being teed up for fun by Rooney, Berbatov, Valencia and Nani.

He'll get him on a reasonable basic plus pay as you play, because one thing is for sure. Owen knows he won't get a better offer.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Are you shitting me, he's a past it has been! Top 4 my arse. Thought he'd maybe end up as a bench warmer at Stoke or Hull next season. But hell good luck to him, at least it proves the manc scum are a bit in the shit!:laugh:

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
Newcastle hav been absolute shit since he got there and before. Get Michael Owen in a winning side and you'll get goals for sure.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Owen will now be out of his depth with any of the top half Premier sides , the sort of player that might be ok for Stoke , Hull or Burnley.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Injury prone and past it, yes he'll score a few wherever he goes but how many consecutive games is anyone gonna get out of him? He'd just be a bit player with United but I can see the sense if he doesn't mind not getting more than a few hundred minutes on the pitch over a season.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Opinion divided, unsuprisingly. Personally, I think he would be a gamble, but a good one. As said above, he would be perfect as a squad player and coming off the bench. He would get decent service and we know he can finish. Fergie, luv him or hate him, rarely gets it wrong. 15 goals I predict if he signs.
PG

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Michael Owen looks like becoming the Premier equivalent of Robbie Savage.:blush:

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Owen will now be out of his depth with any of the top half Premier sides , the sort of player that might be ok for Stoke , Hull or Burnley.

this sort of comment really is comical. even in his injury impacted years, often as a wide player in a front 3, he still managed better than 1 goal in 3. if any of those three can afford him you can be sure a better club can and will sign him. maybe past his best, but at 29 could easily spend another 5 years in the premiership. who ever signs him will bascially be buying 10 goals, and that assuming he doesnt improve his fitness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here