Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Michael Owen does in Jan what he would have done in Sept, had he signed for us.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So...nothing of note from the last TEN years then, which probably backs up most of the trolls' arguments about how Owen is a spent force.

D

Deleted member 18477

So...nothing of note from the last TEN years then, which probably backs up most of the trolls' arguments about how Owen is a spent force.

except a premier league winners medal (2010/11). every footballers dream behind the world cup and on par with the champions league...

also league cup winners medal (2010).

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
except a premier league winners medal. every footballers dream behind the world cup and on par with the champions league...

Yeah, he really earnt that.

So...ONE medal in 10 years. Spent. Force.

D

Deleted member 18477

i agree hes had his day. he did earn it yes by making at least 10 appearances in a championship winning team at the biggest club in england. not an easy achievement.... most footballers can only dream of it...

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1

No.

TWO league cups.
ONE champions medal of the best league in the world.
ONE charity shield (that was the best our club has won since 1910).

So you might as well laugh at Brighton then.

Clown.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No.

TWO league cups.

Clown.
When did he play in Germany and/or Spain?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No.

TWO league cups.

Clown.

So let me get this right. You're saying Michael Owen ISN'T a spent force, compared to him being one of the most exciting talents in the ENTIRE WORLD 15 years ago? You're honestly saying his career hasn't been a massive disappointment?

Clown.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
So let me get this right. You're saying Michael Owen ISN'T a spent force, compared to him being one of the most exciting talents in the ENTIRE WORLD 15 years ago? You're honestly saying his career hasn't been a massive disappointment?

Clown.

No. You said he has won ONE medal in ten years.

What he has won in the last ten years is better than any medal a player playing for Brighton has EVER won in over 100 years.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Whether he is a spent force or not is irrelevant, those who tweet abuse are just utter, utter scum.

D

Deleted member 18477

Clown.

oh come on! its hardly his fault it hasnt ended the way we thought it would 15 years ago. nonetheless hes had a great career. played and scored in world cups and european championships, played in the champions league, won titles and cup competitions, won golden boots and personality awards! played for liverpool, real madrid and man utd!!

No. You said he has won ONE medal in ten years.

What he has won in the last ten years is better than any medal a player playing for Brighton has EVER won in over 100 years.

exactly. i guess brighton are just one massive disappointment then...

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
owen never won the premiership, he watched man united watch it from the best seats in the house each week. Spent force for years and i cant think of the last time he was viewed as an important player within a squad, newcastle perhaps? liverpool? long time ago anyway, and the only reason he is still in the top league is like most english players, we cant bare to let them go.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What?

Think you'll find the current European CHAMPIONS are an English team.
and?
The Current World and European Champions are Spanish, proves nothing.

Championing a league impossible to win, for 18 teams.
10 of which's main aim is to come fourth from bottom.

Presided over by obligarchs and creative accountants.

It's the best league in the world if you are Rupert Murdoch, and no offence I doubt he lives in Southend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here