Votes: 39 75.0%
  • Bellend

Votes: 13 25.0%

• Total voters

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
martyrdom? How have I been doing that?

All I am saying is that the research done on hooliganism shows that it is more severe then before but with less people involved. I cannot see what is wrong with me posting that.

I would suggest the reason it does not fit in with what you have seen is because the violence has moved away from the stadiums and is far more hidden meaning that unless you go looking for it you are far less likely to witness it. I do not mean that to sound condescending, Im just trying to explain the thinking behind what I said.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Richie Morris said:
I do not like the way he appears to see himself as the champion of the left and I found the way he manipulated the kids who had been shot in Bowling for Columbine.

Your first point is part of the vague mud slinging that follows Moore that in the end can not be proved either way...that's why people say it. I think he gets a kick out of winding up corrupt people in power...and why the f*** not.

I find a lot of his work (tv series, the 1 book I read, F9/11) pretty average.

Bowling for Columbine though I thought was a brilliant film and I am interested to know why you think he manipulated the kids?? Again, sounds a bit vague to me, but you are claimig that he did do it, not that you thought he did.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Nothing wrong with posting it, but you if someone disputes it you say they are completely wrong. Whilst complaining that Michael Moore is dogmatic.

I think ti would make an interesting thread so see whether I am alone in not agreeing with every major sociologist.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Sorry to be vague. I meant it looked to me like me manipulated those kids into putting themselves on show, almost making an attraction out of them, in order to increase the sensationalism of his film.

I enjoyed it when he went to Charlton Hestens house and think he was well within his rights to have a pop at the bloke. However, leaving the picture of the girl was a step too far. Hesten would not have picked it up, he would have just got someone else to (ie cleaner or something) and I doubt it would have had a profound effect on him anyway. But it did sensationalise Moores film.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
I don't think he manipulated those kids at all. I would have thought they might be pretty chuffed with what they achieved there. Should they be hidden away?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The bloke is a prick.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
He's one of very few bush opponents that gets heard. Legend :clap2:

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Here's one Michael would like:

booger.gif

Richie Morris said:
As I keep saying, there is a place for people like Moore, but there at the same time there are journalists who have a far more convincing and less dogmatic approach to the questioning.

Give some examples of these journalists, please Richie, so I can try to understand what you like about them and not about Moore, because I'm struggling at the moment because in AP's words, you are being vague.

Moore's ouput is probably the most fact-checked of any writer or documentary-maker in the world, because the very well-funded American right has spent huge amounts of money trying to smear him, unsuccessfully. So the idea that Moore peddles inaccuracies is bullshit.

He has the bollocks to grasp his right to freedom of speech with both hands, and monitor the leadershit of the most currently dangerous country in the World.

Bush out, and anyone who applies himself to the cause as well as Moore has is a legend.

Weapons of mass destruction my ARSE, the ones using those are USA and Britain

leadershit is a great Freudian

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He is a prick.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Quality argument there Gareth!

Richie and Gareth are from the same ilk as far as I can tell, both far right in their opinion, both deeply pro war even as all reasoning and justification for the conflict falls away around them

As Moore is one of the main figures in opening up many to the truth then in their eyes it is better to smear the bloke and dismiss him than admit they are wrong.

I guarantee Ritchie and Gareth both bought into the bullshit that the war would be over in weeks and the Iraqis would be dancing forever more at their "liberators" feet.

sneakychef

Oct 28, 2004
Stroud Green
I'm not pro-war or anything, but some fat American telling me what I already know is not my idea of a good film, and his face is just plain annoying.

Not that I'm shallow or anything

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I am not right wing at all.

I am pro war yes. I do not have a problem with people being anti war. It is up to the individual to make their own minds up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here