Votes: 39 75.0%
  • Bellend

Votes: 13 25.0%

• Total voters

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
You decide.

I think he is a self congratulating prick who is so blinkered in his views he actually discredits many of the lefts just arguments.

He is prone to sensationalism as well.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Says the man who thinks Richard Littlejohn is a legend:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Shit poll. If I hear the word Legend used any more I might get mildly annoyed.

At least Moore asks questions. The utter contempt the conservative right hold him in means he is doing something right.

BTW I still haven't read any convincing clearcut evidence relating to how Michael Moore 'lies'. Anyone want to enlighten me?

It seems quite trendy to slag off Moore these days to try and come across as bit different....think for myself me.

I don't find him particularly funny but thank f*** there are still people out there doing what he does....imagine all the shit music and films we'd get if they didn't.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Can't vote because it's neither. He's done an important job because he's pulled a lot fo stuff out of the walls that would have otherwise stayed hidden. I support his work completely but he's not a legend because he's a fish that has to jump at every hook that comes near him, gets himself in trouble and therefore gives the ammunition that people like Richie and GG can use to bring him down.

So 75% legend methinks.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I agree that there is a place for people like Moore because someone on the left needs to ask questions about the governing powers etc. In that respect he is useful and he also brings politics to the masses through TV.

However,

it is the preachy and sensationalist way in which does this that annoys me and like many on the left he is so dogmatic about everything.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
SULLY COULDNT SHOOT said:
Can't vote because it's neither. He's done an important job because he's pulled a lot fo stuff out of the walls that would have otherwise stayed hidden. I support his work completely but he's not a legend because he's a fish that has to jump at every hook that comes near him, gets himself in trouble and therefore gives the ammunition that people like Richie and GG can use to bring him down.

So 75% legend methinks.

:clap: :clap:

He is very usefuul to have in a country which claims to be the biggest democracy in the world, yet can't hold a legitimate election. If it was any other country, we would be sending in UN observers next week.

There is so much political propaganda from Bush's side, that Moore is useful in helping to redress the balance. Something which the Democrats, without Clinton, seem incapable of doing themselves.

Bowling for Columbine & Farenheit 9/11 are both seroiusly thought provoking films.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Soton Seagull said:
He is very usefuul to have in a country which claims to be the biggest democracy in the world, yet can't hold a legitimate election. If it was any other country, we would be sending in UN observers next week.

There is so much political propaganda from Bush's side, that Moore is useful in helping to redress the balance. Something which the Democrats, without Clinton, seem incapable of doing themselves.

Bowling for Columbine & Farenheit 9/11 are both seroiusly thought provoking films.

Absolutely... they need a Micheal Moore in the States because otherwise no one would know anything. As it is very little was known about him until Fahrenheit 9/11. Have you seen the news... sorry lack of news in the States?

We're more cynical over here so maybe we don't need a Micheal Moore so much.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Richie Morris said:
it is the preachy and sensationalist way in which does this that annoys me and like many on the left he is so dogmatic about everything.

and from an earlier post:
Richie Morris said:
DKM you are completely wrong about the hooligan comment earlier.

in the words of a living legend ....... you couldn't make it up !

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
Neither, he has some very useful ideas and has helped bring Bushs and American stupidity into the mainstream, but i would not call him a legend..some of his films are terribly biased and for a lot of the time he seems to be as bad as the american government in one sided stories.
Having said that i much prefer Moore to Bush

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
oh that bloke....uuumm...dont really know him to pass judgement!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The thing is DKM that your comment about the changing nature of hooliganism is wrong. There are simply no two ways about it.

In the 1970s participation was far higher but severity of violence far less. The problem was more damage to stadiums and shops with the occasional critically injured hooligan.

These days there are far less people involved but the use of weapons and severe violence has increased since the 1970s. Official statistics show this.

Whatever you think of me you cannot dispute this because it is what has happened and the conclusion of every major sociologist in this field.

With regards to Moore, I said he has a role to play because we need the left asking questions, it is just his sensationalist approach that annoys me. Far better are the serious left wing columnists and journalists who also question authorities and governments but without being preachy.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Richie Morris said:

Serious question, what of Moore's output do you find preachy and sensationalist?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I do not like the way he appears to see himself as the champion of the left and I found the way he manipulated the kids who had been shot in Bowling for Columbine.

As I keep saying, there is a place for people like Moore, but there at the same time there are journalists who have a far more convincing and less dogmatic approach to the questioning.

finbar

Jul 15, 2003
Hove
I agree with most of the above. Cant call him a legend and some of what he says is OTT - saying that, maybe thats just the american way, most of them are so f***ing thick they can only concentrate for 5 minutes so they need info quick!!

His early stuff for channel 4 was very interesting, and bowling for columbine is brilliant.

Last edited:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Richie Morris said:
The thing is DKM that your comment about the changing nature of hooliganism is wrong. There are simply no two ways about it.

In the 1970s participation was far higher but severity of violence far less. The problem was more damage to stadiums and shops with the occasional critically injured hooligan.

These days there are far less people involved but the use of weapons and severe violence has increased since the 1970s. Official statistics show this.

Whatever you think of me you cannot dispute this because it is what has happened and the conclusion of every major sociologist in this field.

Oh - the statistics show it. That is alright then. All cases were reported and logged in the same way were they ? Your analysis does not fit in with what I have seen with my own eyes.

And every major sociologist. Every one. I would be surprised.

And try to leave this martyrdom behind Richie.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here