Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Miami

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Bozza said:
Varies. Generally 55, 60 or 65.

but is it a given that you can do 10mph over that like in the uk?

Ive gotta drive from Orlando - Miami, il be going nowhere fast at 55 bloody MPH

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Have breakfast one day at 11th St Diner (corner of 11th and Washington). We went there a couple of years ago.

Then when you get back you can let me know what it was like. It was so packed when we were there we didn't bother going in.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
It isn't the Miamians who are rude - its the pissed up, more money than sense, rich idiot, wanna be Paris Hiltons and junkies that cause the problems - visit Miami for a few days then get out....Ft lauderdale is more relaxed and great eating and shopping...

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
tedebear said:
It isn't the Miamians who are rude - its the pissed up, more money than sense, rich idiot, wanna be Paris Hiltons and junkies that cause the problems - visit Miami for a few days then get out....Ft lauderdale is more relaxed and great eating and shopping...

Coco Beach is the coolest place on the Florida coast and thats a FACT !!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
dwayne said:
but is it a given that you can do 10mph over that like in the uk?

Ive gotta drive from Orlando - Miami, il be going nowhere fast at 55 bloody MPH

I got caught going from Miami to Orlando. No idea where the cop came from.

If you're willing to take the fine then stick your foot down - only money after all and no points on your licence. Or get one of the other three to drive...

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
tedebear said:

what is a Miamian though?

surely its either the rich type you talk about who moved there after they made their money or a Jamaican/Haitian/Latino immigrant!?!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Bozza said:
I got caught going from Miami to Orlando. No idea where the cop came from.

If you're willing to take the fine then stick your foot down - only money after all and no points on your licence. Or get one of the other three to drive...

how long did the drive take?

Ive been told 3 and half hours?

ta

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
i've only spent a v short time in miami and it was a few years ago, but what i remember most of was the architecture. get yourself an architectural guide to the city and walk / drive around the fantastic seafront hotels and the "estates" where all the houses are built in different european styles.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
It will be very very hot and very very humid. Not the best time to go to Miami Beach. In fact it will be too hot to do anything during the day.

Have a great time!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
afters said:
i've only spent a v short time in miami and it was a few years ago, but what i remember most of was the architecture. get yourself an architectural guide to the city and walk / drive around the fantastic seafront hotels and the "estates" where all the houses are built in different european styles.

yer I'm quite into Art Deco and that's a big reason I'm going

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
goldstone said:
It will be very very hot and very very humid. Not the best time to go to Miami Beach. In fact it will be too hot to do anything during the day.

Have a great time!

I'm not a big *all day* beach fan, I get bored quite easily, so that's not too much of a prob, looking forward to the water sports though!!

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Went there for work a few years ago and had a mad, hectic time.

Not sure whether Ocean Drive is similarly numbered to Collins Avenue, but if so, beware of hotels whose addresses are in the high thousands. My 'South Beach' hotel was number 20,658 Collins Avenue or something like that. Turned out it was actually about 20km from South Beach. Fucker for getting around.

It's true, you do see people rollerblading with iguanas on their shoulders and people do stop you in the street asking you if you'd wish to cast for a movie. Straight up!

Go to the Delano Hotel if you get a chance and just have a mozy, amazing place. Miami's a cracking town. Maiko is a great sushi restaurant on Washington Avenue in South Beach. And make sure you go for breakfast at the News Cafe on Ocean Drive. People-watching paradise. Awesome.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Don't forget to go here: an intersection dedicated to Sir Bobby, and Leon's strop-throwing. (Click on it for a bigger version)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here