Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Messages For Michel Kuipers - For His Testimonial Match Day Programme

bha25

IN GUS WE TRUST !
Jan 9, 2010
Copthorne
Bit chessey but its true,

Michel when you played for the Albion i admired you, I was young and always wanted to be a keeper, people had idols such as David Seaman and other premiership goal keepers, but no my idol was you, your shot stopping was outstanding, Your Commanding of the box outstanding, I remember so many games where you made some OUTSTANDING saves, Bristol City Away Scott Murray Chip and you just somehow managed it get there, And there are so so many more, Michel Thank you for everything over your 10 years at the club, You have always been my idol and always will,

Aaron Stevens 19.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
At 23 my formative football years were lit-up by you and I cannot thank you enough for being such a great BASTION of this great club. True Albion legend.

A testamonial well deserved.

Drumstick, 23, Rottingdean.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Such a rarity to find a player who's as passionate about the club as the fans. A genuine Albion legend and even better he's one of us.

The Wanderbus Crowborough old git

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Many thanks Michel for your efforts over many seasons and for being a "SEAGULL" through and through and wishing you all the best in the coming years.

Jim,Westdene

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
When I started watching the Albion regularly you quickly became a favourite of mine and that stayed the case right through your time at the club. By saving that penalty against Man City you played your part in one of the most memorable victories of the Withdean Years and one of my greatest nights supporting this club, and I'm glad you've got your chance to run out at the Amex tonight. Hope you enjoy it and understand how much you've been appreciated all these years.

Steve, Newhaven

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We signed 2 players from Bristol Rovers in 2000 , both of them are now Albion legends.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Don't remember that - but the one at home was STUNNING.

Think it was the 1-0 where Zamora scored at their home end after getting a bit of grief. Just remember being behind the goal, the ball looping over Kuipers into the net (ala David Seaman) and he managed to get enough on it to turn it over. Just one of many outstanding saves I saw him make, but for some reason (prob cos I was about 2 yards away) just sticks in the mind.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Michel, after Adams substituted you at half time away to Southend, did you form the same opinion of him as me?

That he is a jumped up little midget c**t?

wow this is pretty unnecessary
forget his 2nd stint, and just remember Adams as the man who gave pride back to our club and set us in motion for where we are now.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Well done for staying for ten years.

Jack Glassborow, 5, Tonbridge

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
A great goalkeeper should have presence and you had bundles
I have never spoken to you but you have always come across as a real gentleman

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
ONGELOOFLIJK TEKKERS!!! veilige handen.

Gullyscats

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Michel, Huge thanks for everything you have done for the Albion. You are a true gent in the real meaning of the word and I only hope you get everything you deserve on your special night. Whilst you are there could you,if you see him, try and instil a little similar loyalty to a certain spanish "would be" God? Thanks and Goodbye.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Michel Kuipers, a legend both on, and off the field, the sort of footballer that is very rarely seen these days. I remember you turning up at many of my awards evenings at youth football events, out of your own time, and that pretty much sums you up. A player who always wore his heart on his sleeve, and for that reason my all time favourite player.
One of your shirts is on my wall, and it will be for a long time to come.

Thankyou Michel.

Ollie, 19, Patcham.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
You'll always be an Albion legend, Kuips - still the best shot stopper we've had this millennium!
Sock, Worthing

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Think it was the 1-0 where Zamora scored at their home end after getting a bit of grief. Just remember being behind the goal, the ball looping over Kuipers into the net (ala David Seaman) and he managed to get enough on it to turn it over. Just one of many outstanding saves I saw him make, but for some reason (prob cos I was about 2 yards away) just sticks in the mind.

Yep. Got you.

Another fine save.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
CHEF [Converted].jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here