Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Message to Gus: Wrong decision re Murray today

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Leaving Murray out was entirely consistent with Gus's recent rotation of the strikers in times of heavy fixture pile-ups, I fail to see why anyone was surprised by this. Wood and barnes did ok in the first half. The forwards weren't the problem in this game it was the midfield and full backs allowing Bournemouth take as many crosses as they liked at the beginning of the second half, it was no surprise when they made one count. Personally I would have brought Murray on earlier than GP did just to change things around, but there was still plenty of time for him to make an impact. He did after all have one disallowed goal and two very good chances he could perhaps have done better with.

I thought it was a bad day at the office yesterday, we were too slow to get into the game in both halves and give credit to Bournemouth who I thought nullified our wide players superbly. Gus has done more than enough to earn my respect this season and I trust him to know best when it comes to team selection and squad management.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here