Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Message to Gus: Wrong decision re Murray today

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Looking at all the posts on here it appears everyone agrees that the decision to leave Murray on the bench was a wrong one and probably cost us three points.

Gus's comment about "I know Murray" makes no sense whatsoever. If there's a real problem of some kind then he would not have been on the bench. And when he came on everyone agrees we looked a much better team, so clearly there's no issue with his motivation.

He is probably our best striker since Bobby. Without him we look a lot less like winning games.

Sort out his new contract and get him back in the starting line-up.

Gus, you're a real hero, but on this issue why not just admit you made a wrong decision. We all make mistakes and you're permitted one.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Was he playing cricket ?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Why a cricket ball? I didn't put it there? And I can't remove it. Help!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I bloody hope not as Agent Adams is doing a fine job at the Blades already edging them closer to the relegation zone

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Strange post-match comments from Gus. Murray perhaps not mentally right to start? And sounds like his contract won't be sorted any time soon.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Strange post-match comments from Gus. Murray perhaps not mentally right to start? And sounds like his contract won't be sorted any time soon.

Even more worrying as if nothing is sorted he may walk at the end of the season unless we are promoted.........

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Why leave a Rembrandt in your attic when you can put it on your parlour wall ?

Perhaps the Rembrandt has had too much exposure recently and the curator decided to show a brief glimpse before the next important exhibition. Either that or the masterpiece is being courted by a private collector and the current owner is wary of damage, but realises the importance of the painting to his collection.

I fear we might lose the Rembrandt, but then we might end up with a Titian. Hopefully not a Dali. We have had an influx of odd looking paintings of late.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If he starts and plays well and wins the game on Tuesday it may have been worth it. Arguably playing Murray today could have won a point, but if is then knackered and as a result we draw on Tuesday, would we have been better just getting the three on Tuesday? It's a squad game these days.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
If he starts and plays well and wins the game on Tuesday it may have been worth it. Arguably playing Murray today could have won a point, but if is then knackered and as a result we draw on Tuesday, would we have been better just getting the three on Tuesday? It's a squad game these days.

Agree with this. And Barnes and Wood haven't exactly been in poor form of late. My only criticism was leaving the change too late in the second half. They were on top again as soon as it started and thought Gus may have made the first move to chop things around a bit. Easy in hindsight though

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Why leave a Rembrandt in your attic when you can put it on your parlour wall ?
Nicely put but pretty obvious that there is - and has been for some time - some kind of 'issue' between Gus and Muz. On balance, I think we should trust that Poyet knows what he's doing - God knows, he's proved that a million times over. It's pure speculation as to whether we'd have won with Murray in the starting line-up, but we're still sitting pretty at the top and even if Gustavo has made a few wrong calls, he's made many more right ones.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.

If Dicker and Murray had started, there was more chance of a result at Bmuff. Colchester are a solid defensive team and Noone would have been a better option against them. As it is, don't expect an easy game on Tuesday.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Does anyone remember the furore when Mullery (quite frequently) put Peter Ward on the subs bench, preferring a starting strike force of Maybank and Poskett...? If only NSC had been around then....

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
gus knows more than us lot and hes doing a great job, but i do feel sorry for muzza, hes been class this year but theres something going on between him and gus. murray wont be in a brighton shirt next year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here