Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mentioning and tagging users

So, somebody (who perhaps isn't on NSC everyday) takes the trouble to comment/correct/praise/contribute or add to a point that you have made a couple of days previously, yet you won't read it even when the link is handed to you on a plate? If you haven't got the time to do this, then maybe you are making too many posts.
It's all very well saying that, but I've just returned home from work to discover 5 "notifications" waiting for me (including one about this post). I open the notifications page, click to find this message, and then find that the other 4 notifications have disappeared from view.

How do I find them?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's all very well saying that, but I've just returned home from work to discover 5 "notifications" waiting for me (including one about this post). I open the notifications page, click to find this message, and then find that the other 4 notifications have disappeared from view.

How do I find them?

Always worked fine for me. Click on 'Notifications' and it shows you what you have.

Click on 'Mentions' or 'Tags' to go to the appropriate tab on here...

View Profile: Lord Bracknell - North Stand Chat

...and peruse the Mentions, Thread Tags and Quotes tabs, clicking through as required.

It really is not difficult.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London

How do I find them?

Bit of a long way round, but if you go to your profile and click on either the "mentions" or "quotes" tag (whichever one they were for) you'll have links to them all there...

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Actually, one quick question (not a grumble, honest) having looked at these tabs...

What's the purpose of the tabs listing both my mentions/quotes and where I've mentioned/quoted other people? I don't need to be notified about those, unless I was very drunk when I posted...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Actually, one quick question (not a grumble, honest) having looked at these tabs...

What's the purpose of the tabs listing both my mentions/quotes and where I've mentioned/quoted other people? I don't need to be notified about those, unless I was very drunk when I posted...

Dunno, that's just the way the plugin came. There's no option to configure which bits are on and off.

Always worked fine for me. Click on 'Notifications' and it shows you what you have.

Click on 'Mentions' or 'Tags' to go to the appropriate tab on here...

View Profile: Lord Bracknell - North Stand Chat

...and peruse the Mentions, Thread Tags and Quotes tabs, clicking through as required.

It really is not difficult.
... but, as DTES says, it's very long winded.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
... but, as DTES says, it's very long winded.

No, it's not at all. If I want to see, it takes a second or two. If I don't want to see (previously your preferred stance) you just ignore the notifications thing - it's hardly intrusive to your experience on NSC.

I'm out of this thread now.

How do I find them?
I have found that a way round this is to right-click the thread title and open in a new tab; your own post here has been responded to in this way so it means you gain this info when perhaps otherwise you would have missed it.
I do agree, though, that having one's own posts notified is completely pointless.

Last edited:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I like the 'tags' and have been trying to use them as much as possible. Thanks [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here