Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

mens suits-serious question!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Just wandering if its passable to wear a light blue shirt with a black suit and what colour tie I should wear with it? It's for a christening so Didn't want to do the black suit/white shirt combo funeral style. Any advice appreciated.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Nibble said:
Just wandering if its passable to wear a light blue shirt with a black suit and what colour tie I should wear with it? It's for a christening so Didn't want to do the black suit/white shirt combo funeral style. Any advice appreciated.

Yes - its passable - a tad salesmansish but if you wear a tie with a twist it'll raise you above run of the mill. Theres a gresham blake tie thats fantastic - I'll see if I can find a pciture of it online....its got darker blues and lighter blues and goes well with Zef's light blue shirts...

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I'd recommend a RED tie

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Re: Re: mens suits-serious question!

tedebear said:
Yes - its passable - a tad salesmansish but if you wear a tie with a twist it'll raise you above run of the mill. Theres a gresham blake tie thats fantastic - I'll see if I can find a pciture of it online....its got darker blues and lighter blues and goes well with Zef's light blue shirts...

Sounds good, red tie sounds good a swell though. It sounds like the tie is going to be the thing that turns the whole thing round?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Red does sound good to me too!! Yeah - tie is the icing on the cake (as well as clean good shoes)....Makes all the difference I think, but then I'm a ladeeeeee so what do I know....:angel: :blush:

Suits you sir.
l.gn_02.JPG

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Girls ALWAYS seem to notice blokes' ties, shoes and watches, the sort of things most blokes don't give too much thought to, at least I never used to...

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
That all sounds like good advice to me, though the Christening is inBolton so I cannot think anyone will notice my sartorial elegance!!!

Thanks people!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Child's christening? No brainer - light blue for a boy, pink for a girl.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Man of Harveys said:
Girls ALWAYS seem to notice blokes' ties, shoes and watches, the sort of things most blokes don't give too much thought to, at least I never used to...

and that's why the laydees love the dwaynestar

Mr attention to detail

Muller Watch, LV tie, Gucci shoes, versace BUTTONS xx

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Asda underpants...

:rolleyes:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
dwayne said:
and that's why the laydees love the dwaynestar

Mr attention to detail

Muller Watch, LV tie, Gucci shoes, versace BUTTONS xx

If I undertand this correctly - you and MoH are like brothers when it comes to the laydees ..........................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here