189.5 KB · Views: 68
  • Capture9.JPG
    Capture9.JPG
    170.6 KB · Views: 68

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
One my personal Withdean memories. I was selected to present Lady Baden-Powell with a basket of fruit during a Cub Jamboree. It was in 1966 on the same day that England beat the Argies and Rattin was sent off. I was ten year's old!

Attachments

• Lady Baden Powell 1966 Withdean.jpg
    Lady Baden Powell 1966 Withdean.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 67

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
One my personal Withdean memories. I was selected to present Lady Baden-Powell with a basket of fruit during a Cub Jamboree. It was in 1966 on the same day that England beat the Argies and Rattin was sent off. I was ten year's old!

We are the same age, l'm 65 in April.

Withdean certainly had a rich history prior to being a home for the Albion for a number of years, being used for many and various things, including housing Italian prisoners of war, and housing a zoo and a circus!

Iovan The Sweeper

May 16, 2016
The amazing football under Poyet in our last season - we couldn't have wished for a better farewell present

Seeing Calde and Fran Sandaza in The Sportsman after a game, and then seeing Gordon Greer waiting outside and chatting to fans - it really brought home the community feel to the club

A Park & Ride driver getting lost and having to do a 3-point turn, with everyone on the bus giving him helpful advice (you can imagine)

Oh Gary Hart almost scoring in his last home game for us

Same game - Lee Clark being praised over the PA for his "sheer class" (complete with an "unlike some" nod to Adkins) for giving us the guard of honour

Bas Savage's moonwalk

Andy D'Urso having a spectacularly bad game for us (but a great one for Leeds - giving them a very dodgy penalty) which got everyone in the South Stand going

Slade's Great Escape

Getting excited about Liam Dickenson's debut, and telling everyone he was a great signing. I'm pretty sure his next touch was to tread on the ball and fall over

Alexis Bertin - at times looking like a Premier League player toying with League One opposition

The shortest forward line ever seen in the country (probably) - Leon Knight and Jake Robinson

What seemed like every time a bigger club came down and lost, their manager would be sacked on Monday morning - as if losing to us in an athletics stadium was the final straw. Withdean in a nutshell - loved it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here