Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Memories of Withdean

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Answer B: Wistful, as living in London and not being a STH, I didnt stand a chance of getting a ticket, although I did try on many counts :thumbsup:

Was never a STH there myself, was too depressing. In fact was never a STH till the Amex came along.

Rarely missed a home game from about 79 onwards. I recall arriving at Withdean from the pub 10 mins after KO one game and leaving for the pub at half time due to shit football and rain. There was no romance for me.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Where I fell in love with The Albion, it was the best place to be on a warm day but the worst when it was raining.

I remember when we beat City in the cup I was sat in one of the stands behind the goal. There was a bloke with a megaphone shouting “Schmeichel, your dad thinks you’re shit”. He could definitely hear and reacted to us when they scored :lolol:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i have been in a tent in minus 14 and i don't think i was anywhere near as cold as the boxing day match v southend ....we lost 2-0 , my arse was that cold my legs wouldn't work.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We had a Friday night game against Exeter one night, 7.45. I knocked off work at 3 in central Brighton, went into the Lanes and got absolutely MONGED. Got the bus up from the Steine and was mildly surprised at being let in, such was the state I was in. Got some chips and curry sauce, snoozed through most of the game, and managed to get home without soiling myself. I think we won as well.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
First game against Mansfield Town.

'We're the North Stand/South Stand Brightom boys' went up the chant.

I was in the woods behind.

'We're the outside Brighton boys' we responded.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The programme seller, forgot his name, who went 'Prograaaaammeeeeeeesss' every home game, was iconic.

Also loved being in J/H block, taking the piss out of the away fans and how shit their view was etc etc haha

Bernie.

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
No other way to put it. But you clearly didnt try very hard or often if you actually wanted to go to a game at Withdean.

A lot of people didnt go, but dont lie.

You do not even know me or my circumstances.
So I'll be polite and ask to you to keep your thoughts to yourself :thumbsup:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
You do not even know me or my circumstances.
So I'll be polite and ask to you to keep your thoughts to yourself :thumbsup:

You said you didn't stand a chance of getting a ticket as you were not a season ticket holder, which is complete nonsense.

I'll leave it there but everyone reading this will know.

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
You said you didn't stand a chance of getting a ticket as you were not a season ticket holder, which is complete nonsense.

I'll leave it there but everyone reading this will know.

For the record, I did try to get tickets for certain games, but when I tried, I was told that the games had been sold out.
So as I work shifts and could only go to certain games on my down time, I wasn't lucky in getting tickets when off.
I only get 2 weekends off a month.
So apologies if my answers doesn't suit your way of thinking.
As to leaving it there, so everyone reading this will know.
That doesn't really bother me, as I'm sure they've got more important and issues to deal with, don't you think :)

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
...and back to the topic...(not my photo by the way).

Attachments

• Southstand.JPG
    Southstand.JPG
    277.9 KB · Views: 42

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I had a ST all of Withdean, and I have to say I have nothing but fond memories, damp, but fond memories. I also found a rather good parking spot nearby, and during the latter Withdean years I started taking my lads with me, I think they enjoyed the "Park and peg it" from the parking stewards, more than the match!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here