Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Memo to Sven Goran Ericsson

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I base my opinion on performance and results, nothing more.

Of course I want England to do well, but I feel I've seen enough evidence over the last 5 years to know what Sven can and cannot do.

I just don't think he's any good, and recent results bear that out, as do performances in big matches like Brazil, France and Portugal which we all lost.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Easy 10 said:
Sadly these sensible options would require a head coach who actually has a clue. Until we get such a person, I fear Svens usual "I-must-play-all-my-faves" policy will prevail, regardless of team shape, pattern of play, form or fitness.

But it is his ball and he can choose who he lets play.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
in the light of not having an avalable left sided player, I would play Downing if he was fit, SWP deserves a go there, after all everyone else has.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Kieran Richardson didn't look too bad for Manure on the left the other night.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Hiney said:
Who, to be fair, had a good game on Wednesday
Crouch is often underestimated. Just because he is a tall freak doesn't mean all he can do is head a ball. From what I've seen of him lately he seems to have a good touch and brings others around him into the game. If that isn't enough to make sure he has a crap game for England I don't know what is

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Sadly, it's virtually inevitable that Gerrard and Lampard will play together, despite it almost never resembling a competent partnership. It would be far too much like common sense to drop Lampard and bring Carrick in to hold, letting Gerrard play the attacking game he does for Liverpool.

Bugger knows what Defoe's done to Sven, although he hasn't really been brilliant for Spurs this year. Gareth Barry is the one that'll always perplex me. Quality player, left-footed, experienced Premiership performer who regular plays well, yet can't even get near the squad, let alone the team ... weird. Did he eat Sven's dog or something?

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
People in Hastings (Barrys home town) say Sven does not pick him because he used to like a shandy or 6. That was years ago and he seems to have matured into a sensible footballer

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
Ernest said:
Just f*** off back to Sweden you Scandinavian tosspot :salute:

SEVEN OUT NOW :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Considering he let my twin brother David score against England, I say the same.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Re: Re: Memo to Sven Goran Ericsson

Uncle Buck said:
Ammended.

Drop Fat Frank and get a holding midfielder in so Gerrard can play his natural game, rather than covering for Lampard.
Rather have "Fat Frank" than Steven "chip on both shoulders" Gerrard.

E

enigma

[Hargreaves could do a job- at the end of the day, when he plays for Bayern Munich he usually plays there. A lot of people think he's shit cause he comes on with 20 minutes left and doesn't really do anything- he's a ball winner, he's not supposed to change the game.

Lampard and Gerrard together will not work unless there is a holding mid and we play 1 up front, which won't really work.

How about a 352 ?

Robinson

Terry
Ferdinand
Campbell

Beckham
Gerrard
Hargreaves
Lampard
Cole

Rooney
Owen

E

enigma

DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
Gerrard is the better all round midfielder. Lampard scores lots but doesn't offer a lot else. The goals will still come from elsewhere, including Gerrard himself if freed up to attack more.

Lampard's also more consistent and doesn;t have the tendency to spray aimless balls like Gerrard sometimes does.

I'm not saying that Lampard is technically better than Gerrard but he's more effective.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
My team for the Austria match:

Robinson

Ashley Cole Left back
JohnTerry Centre back
Sol Campbell Centre back
Danny Murphy Right back

Joe Cole Left midfield
Frank Lampard Centre Midfield
Steven Gerrard Centre Midfield
David Beckham Right midfield

Jermaine Defoe Striker
Michael Owen Striker

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
Gerrard is the better all round midfielder. Lampard scores lots but doesn't offer a lot else. The goals will still come from elsewhere, including Gerrard himself if freed up to attack more.
Lampard uses the ball better, Gerrard gives it away all the time.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
brightonfan_86 said:
My team for the Austria match:

Robinson

Ashley Cole Left back
JohnTerry Centre back
Sol Campbell Centre back
Danny Murphy Right back

Joe Cole Left midfield
Frank Lampard Centre Midfield
Steven Gerrard Centre Midfield
David Beckham Right midfield

Jermaine Defoe Striker
Wayne Rooney Striker

Sorry to be a clever clogs but isnt King Chav suspended for Austria?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here