Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Memo to Sven Goran Ericsson

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Buck said:

But do not cloud your view, you have made your mind up with Sven.

Yup, how many games are you going to give him before you accept he's not up to it?

No don't tell me, if we qualify he'll have done his job. The manner of the qualifying and the performances during the competition proper are irrelevant. Am I right :)

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Rooney is banned

He'll play Crouch up front with Owen - beckham on the right, Joe Cole on the left and Lamps/Stevie G in the Middle.

Personally I'd go for Scott Parker to hold and drop Gerrard - hasn't had a decent game for England since Munich.

Do miss Chuckle senior at RB - limited options here . Johnson and Young are not good enough.

For CB I'd go for Terry/Campbell -leave out dopehead Rio - needs a f***ing good kick up the arse.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I believe that it has got to be either Gerrard or Lampard not both as they are tto similar and get in each others way.

Sol Campbell back to steady the defence and who the hell would even suggest Hargreaves playing for us let alone England has he ever done anything right.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I really hope Hargreaves does not play, he would be lucky to get selected in midfield in a mediocre Championship team like Palace.

E

enigma

Forgot about Parker-he could well be the answer as a holding midfielder-better tackler than the likes of Carrick.

Whoever put Danny Murphy as right back is a joker.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
i dont buy that two 30million pound players cant play football well together. its not as if they have to hold hands or anything. they just are not playing in the natural teams and fail to really command games like they do for club.

ps drop frank and get in carrick

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Beach Hut said:
I really hope Hargreaves does not play, he would be lucky to get selected in midfield in a mediocre Championship team like Palace.
Yeah, Bayern Munich are WELL SHIT, and the form he's been in for them is probably just some kind of FLUKE.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
BensGrandad said:
who the hell would even suggest Hargreaves playing for us let alone England has he ever done anything right.

Has he ever had a full game in his natural position? Not defending him but a player who does it so regularly for a top European team cannot be that shit ,maybe it's the manager who's getting it wrong as it seems that "a player who does it for his club every week but can't do it for England" seems to apply to virtually every player in the England team at the moment? But Sven has got a FANTASTIC record in qualifying so I must be wrong :rolleyes:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Disagree on Hargreaves I'm afraid - moribound player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here