Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mealy-mouthed Brighton MP

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Des Turner was arrested for drink-driving and yet all his comments are excuses and he even tries to come out of it as the victim.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/sussex/6310049.stm

Campaigning MP fails breath test

He said he had a glass of wine at lunch and had not realised he was "three percentage points" over the limit.

Mr Turner said the collision in Streatham High Street on 19 December was a "bumper to bumper" incident.

Naturally I am very distressed by this incident

"There was no visible damage to either vehicle, and no injuries.

"A passing police vehicle stopped. Their alcohol breath analyser gave a marginally positive result.

"A blood sample was taken, the result of which I am expecting in February."

Mr Turner said the police view at the time was that the blood sample would be negative, and he was allowed to continue with his journey.

"Naturally I am very distressed by this incident. I can only apologise that I made this error of judgement," he added.

That really is pathetic of him. He drank and drove. He knew that drinking impairs judgement yet still chose to do it and now tries to justify it by saying he was only a little bit over, that the damage was minimal, that the police thought he might come up negative yet he's the one who is distressed!

Grrrrrrrr...........

Message to Des Turner - You were caught, bang to rights. Take it like a man, you simpering little hypocrite.

Oh....and don't drink and drive, fuckwit. Next time you might kill someone.

Rant over.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Tom Hark said:
Why did the police let him continue with his journey if he was over the limit? ???

Exactly! Preferential treatment perhaps? I'm guessing a passenger drove from there on in but it does seem very weird.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Re: Re: Mealy-mouthed Brighton MP

Lord Bracknell said:
I think "bang to rights" implies he's been convicted of an offence.

He hasn't.

How about "innocent until proven guilty"?

He said himself that he was 3 percentage points over. That's an admission of guilt isn't it?

Also - drink/drive campaigners have been banging on for years of the danger of having ANY drink and then driving. He hardly seems contrite about it either does he?

Sorry, LB, but I'm all for zero tolerance on drink/driving. Too many innocent people killed.

Colbourne Kid

Sep 19, 2003
He would have been taken to a police station and because the breath reading was marginal would have had a blood sample taken. Once that had happened he would have retaken a breath test and if that was negative the police would have allowed him to drive away.

The result of the blood sample will prove whether or not he drove over the limit.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Agreed but if he gets off then the message is that it's okay to take a gamble on 3 glasses of wine.

Even at the relatively low levels set by the Government on alcohol that's allowed to be consumed and still drive there is bound to be impairment of judgement.

I would have preferred a comment from Des where he acknowledged that it was wrong to get in his car and drive after drinking any alcohol rather than this victim-speak he has trotted out.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Classic double standards from somebody in government !

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would have thought that the fact that the police allowed him to continue his jopurney is sufficent doubt for a not guilty verdict whether it be right or wrong. I think that it should be zero tolerance you have either hada drink or not there can be no half measures, pun not intended.

ditchy

Jul 8, 2003
brighton
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Des Turner is not in government

I stand corrected Cof PB , but still an elected member and servant of this governing party and still double standards

ditchy

Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Chicken Run said:
Perhaps that's why LI hasnt been around, it's well known he's Dr Des's bag carrier:lol:

Has he taken the rap for Des ?

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Don't oftern post but where this horrible pathetic excuse for a man is involved I will.

He is a total and utter twattwattwattwat who should be sacked for this and every over sleazy f*** up he gets involved in.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Prettyboyshaw said:
Don't oftern post but where this horrible pathetic excuse for a man is involved I will.

He is a total and utter twattwattwattwat who should be sacked for this and every over sleazy f*** up he gets involved in.
Check my avitar, he has done alot of good work for his constituents and I mean that!

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Chicken Run said:
Check my avitar, he has done alot of good work for his constituents and I mean that!

Course he has, like trying to dump and asylum hotel on Saltdean and lieing to everyone at every turn...yes an excellent job :dunce:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here