Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGleish - Time to forgive and forget ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think he likes being the pantomime villain as much as we like abusing him. Why stop?

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Maybe time to forgive, His career is nearlly over & he's becoming less & less relevent as the years pass but we'll never forget.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Even at 36 he is still a 'fox in the box' and able to score but not sure that he would have done the same for us this season. He would certainly have converted a lot of the chances we have missed, but then Orients approach play is slower than ours so not sure that he wlould have been able to get up quick enough for us. .

In a funny sort of way, the best experience of abusing McGleish that I can recall was when he was playing for teams other than Orient. The complete bafflement of opposition fans about why we were so wound up about the guy was a joy to behold - especially when the Albion were playing away. You could sense the questions - "Why? What's he done?" And the fact that there was never any explanation given made it all the better.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Pantomine villian and he loves every minute of it, just as much as we do.

Good lower league player too.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
, in a perverse way I kind of admired him in the last game at whatever your little stadium-ette is called these days.

Scored (yes, as usual) and gave it the large one, causing all the usual idiots to bleat about the injustice of it all, "inciting a riot" etc etc, completely missing the point that they'd spent the previous sixty minutes calling him a variety of ever more creative names.

Thought his celebration was great .... panto villian stuff ... I enjoy giving him stick but you have to allow him a "reply" ... cant see what the issue was

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
He's played against us 14 times since that day in 1997, and scored three times, one of which was a penalty. Not exactly what I'd call 'always' scoring against us, is it?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Has a knack of scoring against us. I maintain to this day it was Carl Griffiths making "those" gestures at "that" game.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Will he be booed? Yes.

Should he be booed? No. For the simple reason it tends to spur him on to score against us!

Eastlondonorient

Dec 30, 2010
I still don't think he should have been booked. The way he turned his shirt around was unbelevably skilled. You can tell he'd been practicing.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Players like him define football in this country as opposed to the Premiership. Someone who throughout his whole career has played in the lower divisions albeit making a decent living from it. Give me a Scott Mcgleish as opposed to John Terry any day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here