Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGleish - Time to forgive and forget ?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And despite this he'll STILL score against you and it will hurt even more cos however old and fat he is he is still too much for your lot.

You know what, much as I want to despise him, and I laughed heartily when he went off injured at Withdean a couple of seasons back, in a perverse way I kind of admired him in the last game at whatever your little stadium-ette is called these days.

Scored (yes, as usual) and gave it the large one, causing all the usual idiots to bleat about the injustice of it all, "inciting a riot" etc etc, completely missing the point that they'd spent the previous sixty minutes calling him a variety of ever more creative names.

Now I freely admit I'm happy to THINK he's a wanker, and occasionally to CALL him a wanker (quietly of course, your worships), but equally I accept his right to dish it out unconditionally when he earns the chance. Cannot stand him, but fair do's, if we're going to give it out, we have to take it back in return.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Scottys a legend end of. Just cos he always scores aginst you. Btw his celebrations was too much for you to handle.

That is a myth.

06-02-2010 Football League One Leyton Orient 1-1 Brighton 1
26-12-2009 Football League One Brighton 0-0 Leyton Orient 0
07-03-2009 Football League One Leyton Orient 2-1 Brighton 1
21-10-2006 Football League One Brighton 1-1 Northampton 0
13-09-2003 Football League One Colchester 1-0 Brighton 0
30-03-2002 Football League One Colchester 1-4 Brighton 0
27-10-2001 Football League One Brighton 1-0 Colchester 0
26-12-2000 Football League Two Barnet 0-1 Brighton 0
25-03-2000 Football League Two Barnet 0-1 Brighton 0
27-03-1999 Football League Two Brighton 0-1 Barnet 1
14-03-1998 Football League Two Barnet 2-0 Brighton 0
30-08-1997 Football League Two Brighton 0-1 Leyton Orient 0
26-08-1997 English League Cup Leyton Orient 3-1 Brighton 1
13-08-1997 English League Cup Brighton 1-1 Leyton Orient 0
08-03-1997 Football League Two Brighton 4-4 Leyton Orient 1
22-12-1996 Football League Two Leyton Orient 2-0 Brighton 0

I make that five goals in sixteen games against us. (Not sure about pre-96/97)

ILIKECANDLES

Banned
Sep 1, 2010
You know what, much as I want to despise him, and I laughed heartily when he went off injured at Withdean a couple of seasons back, in a perverse way I kind of admired him in the last game at whatever your little stadium-ette is called these days.

Scored (yes, as usual) and gave it the large one, causing all the usual idiots to bleat about the injustice of it all, "inciting a riot" etc etc, completely missing the point that they'd spent the previous sixty minutes calling him a variety of ever more creative names.

Now I freely admit I'm happy to THINK he's a wanker, and occasionally to CALL him a wanker (quietly of course, your worships), but equally I accept his right to dish it out unconditionally when he earns the chance. Cannot stand him, but fair do's, if we're going to give it out, we have to take it back in return.

Nice honest reply.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I mean, if one of our players had a particular club whose fans dished it out mercilessly whenever he played against them, I would bloody LOVE to see him rub their noses in it to the absolute max.

I also think it's quite funny that we've still got a comedy hate figure left, given how long ago it is that we played at the Goldstone. It's quite a touching little reminder. In fact, I would go so far as to say that Scott McGleish should be PERSONALLY invited to play for the opposition in our first friendly game at the Amex, just to add a bit of pantomine to the occasion.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I mean, if one of our players had a particular club whose fans dished it out mercilessly whenever he played against them, I would bloody LOVE to see him rub their noses in it to the absolute max.

I also think it's quite funny that we've still got a comedy hate figure left, given how long ago it is that we played at the Goldstone. It's quite a touching little reminder. In fact, I would go so far as to say that Scott McGleish should be PERSONALLY invited to play for the opposition in our first friendly game at the Amex, just to add a bit of pantomine to the occasion.

oddly i think that I agree.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I agree wholeheartedly Edna. Part of me likes him for what he stands for, part of me loathes him.

Matches against Orient will be dull when McGleish hangs up his boots.

Indeed. Just think, if we go up, he'll never get to hear his name booed at Falmer. I should imagine he'll be quite disappointed at that.

Come on, let's get him playing for the opposition in that friendly game, even if the opposition turned out to be frigging Barcelona :lolol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He had the nerve to celebrate when he scored a goal then some mong ran on the pitch and kicked the shi+ out of him.

I was going to say that's an exaggeration, but actually it's just plain wrong.

It was old man Wilkins who the bloke tried to give a shoeing to, and he was stopped anyway, which doesn't say much for the pitch invader. McGleish hid on the pitch within the safety of his even fatter mates like Carl Griffiths (who if McGleish is to be believed, was actually the one doing the pistol shooting thing with his fingers and giving the North Stand the old "going down" gestures).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It was originally a mistake and he was blamed for something that Carl Griffiths did but now I think that he likes playing against us and getting stick. As a player he is shit and well past it but I wish we had a man like him to pick up loose balls in the 6yd box and put them in the net. When he was released by Wycombe I suggested to Ben and my brother that he could do a turn for us for a season, as it is he has gone on a little longer.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Because we're bitter that he has never played for us

Hmmm, I was prepared to defend him to some extent above, but in all honesty I can't say I've EVER wondered what it would have been like if he'd played for us.

With the greatest respect, he's never been that good, certainly no more than a very average third/fourth division striker. If it wasn't for the incident at the Goldstone his existence would barely have even registered in our consciousness. We certainly wouldn't have been dreaming of signing the bloke :ohmy:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Hmmm, I was prepared to defend him to some extent above, but in all honesty I can't say I've EVER wondered what it would have been like if he'd played for us.

With the greatest respect, he's never been that good, certainly no more than a very average third/fourth division striker. If it wasn't for the incident at the Goldstone his existence would barely have even registered in our consciousness. We certainly wouldn't have been dreaming of signing the bloke :ohmy:

He would have done a fine job for us this season, if he'd had the chances we've been creating we would be well clear at the top and probably out of sight by now. Exactly the sort of player we need Sandaza to become

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here