Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee whealer dealer

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Carole wasn't free. And he was reccomended to McGhee by an agent, hardly some piece of genius scouting.

Last edited:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
B.W. said:
How is that fatally flawed?... it would have been a calculated risk, yes... our board showed zero balls, and we're in L1...

Thats fine for you to say but you wouldn't be the one financally liable if the gamble didn't pay off. This is the reasoning that got the administraters in at Leeds, Barnsley and Bradford.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Repugnant Toad said:
Wouldn't be bad if we could get money for him, but I' be suprised if Leeds wanted him; I'm far from convinced he's a Championship player.

Exactly, a winger with no final ball surely can't be worth £250k!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Kinky Gerbils said:
Thought I red that during People defence of the el turi signing that it was Knight that signed him as it ment Brghton could sign The two French kids?

Dont recall that, probably one of the many conspiracy theorys from round here.

BHA Jordan

Dec 14, 2005
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
yeah so we get all this money..... does it go back into the transfer kitty for new signings or even their wages? Does it f***.
Transfer kitty maybe not, but then surely you know the score that the club needs all the money it can get just to survive, which includes paying wages so in fact yes it will help pay wages

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
B.W. said:
How is that fatally flawed?... it would have been a calculated risk, yes... our board showed zero balls, and we're in L1...
Fatally flawed for three reasons.

1) Goal scorer = good chance of staying up. This just isn't true. Theres was a good chance we could have bought someone in and still gone down.

2) Where was the money coming from? The sort of striker people were talking about was way beyond the clubs modest means.

3) Even if we'd found the right player and covered the transfer fee what happens this season? Where's the money coming from to support the extra wages of a striker who can guarantee survival?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Kinky Gerbils said:
Thought I red that during People defence of the el turi signing that it was Knight that signed him as it ment Brghton could sign The two French kids?

I had heard the same thing. I believe they may have all had the same agent?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
I had heard the same thing. I believe they may have all had the same agent?

This rumour is false, they did not have the same agent. (According to a club spokesman.)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Lokki 7 said:
This rumour is false, they did not have the same agent. (According to a club spokesman.)

Maybe not the same agent but they were in some way connected. This was at the beginning of last season...which was a very long time ago!

Maybe not the same agent but they were in some way connected. This was at the beginning of last season...which was a very long time ago!

Wouldn't surprise me if the deals were connected in some way but not by them having the same agent, apparently.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Caveman said:
No but he took a gamble and this one paid off. Give him some credit.
He was reccomended him by an agent, we took him on trial and he looked good so we signed him.

Well done Mark. :)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Silent Bob said:
Carole wasn't free. And he was reccomended to McGhee by an agent, hardly some piece of genius scouting.

I thought we were watching him when he was on trial at West Ham, and snapped him up then after they turned him down. ???

Insider is avoiding my contract question :down:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
BarrelofFun said:
Insider is avoiding my contract question :down:

To be honest he always avoids the contentious ones until they have been confirmed...eg is Cullip talking to Sheff Utd etc.

Its ok if you want to know why we dont have forks with pies or when is the new kit coming out which will be October will get about 20 with about 300 in November with the rest on sale in the new year. As it is every. Single. Year.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
To be honest he always avoids the contentious ones until they have been confirmed...eg is Cullip talking to Sheff Utd etc.

Its ok if you want to know why we dont have forks with pies or when is the new kit coming out which will be October will get about 20 with about 300 in November with the rest on sale in the new year. As it is every. Single. Year.

Good show.

Ps Why don't we have forks??? :jester:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
BarrelofFun said:
Why don't we have forks??? :jester:

I dont know but this SINGLEHANDEDLY contributed to our relegation if you didnt know.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Can somebody clear this up, has Carole gone, because somebody has posted on another thread they think he has?

No guarentee that he is going if not, because it will assume Leeds meet the asking price...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here