Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee whealer dealer

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
If this talk of Carole is true and we get 200k + then McGhee has to be given some credit for yet again bringing in a player which we can flog for a profit which has to help with the current situation. We don't like it but facts are we are a selling club and in this respect he is doing a good job.

(Turienzo was DK signing)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Spin... it is bad news... where is the evidence the board are willing to invest in our squad to make a serious challenge this season?... they plead for good attendances, expect us to rebew our season's (I have done so), yet they give little hope in return... I'm fcuking angry... :angry: :angry: :censored: :censored:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
B.W. said:
Spin... it is bad news... where is the evidence the board are willing to invest in our squad to make a serious challenge this season?... they plead for good attendances, expect us to rebew our season's (I have done so), yet they give little hope in return... I'm fcuking angry... :angry: :angry: :censored: :censored:

fair comment but my point was about McGhee

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
B.W. said:

It may be bad news but the fact is Mcghee will have done well to get a lad in for Free that we can flog for money, anthing over £200k for Carole will be good business.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
While Magoo has been manager we have brought in over 2.5 Million in transfer fees. This a great record, even with Turienzo and agent fees he's 2 million in credit.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Albion Dan said:
It may be bad news but the fact is Mcghee will have done well to get a lad in for Free that we can flog for money, anthing over £200k for Carole will be good business.

he wasn't free... we had to pay agents fees... maybe £100k...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
y2dave said:
While Magoo has been manager we have brought in over 2.5 Million in transfer fees. This a great record, even with Turienzo and agent fees he's 2 million in credit.

True... I'm more concerned how little of the transfer revenues we have re-invested in the team...

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
B.W. said:
True... I'm more concerned how little of the transfer revenues we have re-invested in the team...

I wish that too BW but while the club are losing so much money the board will never re-invest all the money from sales into the team. Its annoying but until we get Falmer its only about lkeeping the club financially alive

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Stinky Kat said:
I wish that too BW but while the club are losing so much money the board will never re-invest all the money from sales into the team. Its annoying but until we get Falmer its only about lkeeping the club financially alive

And we achieved lost revenue of at least £ 1 million by failing to invest sufficiently in the team and getting relegated... good business?... I think not...

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
B.W. said:
And we achieved lost revenue of at least £ 1 million by failing to invest sufficiently in the team and getting relegated... good business?... I think not...

This is based on the fatally flawed argument that we wouldn't have been relegated if only we'd splashed out on a "proven goalscorer".

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Wouldn't be bad if we could get money for him, but I' be suprised if Leeds wanted him; I'm far from convinced he's a Championship player.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Voroshilov said:
This is based on the fatally flawed argument that we wouldn't have been relegated if only we'd splashed out on a "proven goalscorer".

How is that fatally flawed?... it would have been a calculated risk, yes... our board showed zero balls, and we're in L1...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Repugnant Toad said:
Wouldn't be bad if we could get money for him, but I' be suprised if Leeds wanted him; I'm far from convinced he's a Championship player.

He is a CCC player, and it very much looks like Leeds want him!!... talk of £250k...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here