Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee: "We deserved a draw" ...????

upnorthnow said:
Carole kept getting stuck in when much of our midfield had dropped their heads when the owls scored, he made some play did carole!

Totally agree - our best player in the second half (Leon was good in the first half).

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
goldstone said:
Mr Mcghee was surely watching a different game to the one I saw. We were crap. A four-one defeat would have been a fair result.

The only ones of the starting eleven to emerge with any credit were Henderson, McShane and Butters ... and possibly Carole.

Saturday has to see CKR starting for Jake and Albert for Frutos. Reid needs to go back to the right (give Kerry another go on the left), and possibly Alexis in place of Charlie.

If we can play that badly and gain a point then surely we will stay up!

The only possible disagreement I could come up with against that, is that I would give them 6 not 4.

Definately agree CKR should be given a start on satdi, and Charlie needs to be replaced by anyone.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Team for Ipswich:
--------Henderson--------
El-Abd--McShane--Butters--Mayo/Reid/Dodd??
Carole--Nicolas--Oatway--Frutos
----------Knight--Kazim-Richards

Subs:
Blayney
Reid/Dodd??
Hammond
Jarrett
Robinson

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Critical mode on:

I rate Butters but he was off the pace tonight, caught out with distant marking on a few occasions while he was not really under pressure to press the ball.

Henderson, No blame but parry the ball wide. At least the spill against the scum did not count.

Carole had more poor touches than good. Good attitude though.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
What we saw last night was two sides scrapping at the wrong end of the table.

Neither side looked good. Neither side looked like they'd either score or concede, yet somehow the score ended up 1-1.

Take the point and forget about it.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
We weren't good but how many times have we conceded a last minute goal to deny us a point or 3. They're finishing was dreadful. f*** 'em I say.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Must admit I crindged when he said that....

It's not about who deserved it, it's about who took their chances and scored them. We scored one they scored one.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Re: Re: McGhee: "We deserved a draw" ...????

London Irish said:
Bring Alexis in and stiffen up that midfield - we are too easy to beat at Withdean.

Not very often I agree with LI but I do on this occassion.

A more worrying thought was MM comment about the 3 strikers JR CKR and obviously LK but what about the other McPhee, Turienzo, McGammon and Molango who is at Lincoln if they do not figure in his plans why are we still paying their wages and not got shot of them to another club or at least made them, available for transfer. This would release more money for wages which could be better spent on the positions that need strengthening i.e Left Back and a midfielder with the ability to dictate play and pass the ball forward to the strikers as opposed to being all muscle and bustle as we have now.

Last edited:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Curious Orange said:
Neither side looked good. Neither side looked like they'd either score or concede, yet somehow the score ended up 1-1.
wtf neither side looked like scoring, wednesday had about 5 great chances :jester:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Sneaky George said:
We weren't good but how many times have we conceded a last minute goal to deny us a point or 3. They're finishing was dreadful. f*** 'em I say.
Agree 100%. We were ruled offside twice when we weren't and they handled the ball in the box.
Our last two visits to Hillsboro have ended with SW scoring late goals.
We didn't play well but if they can't be bothered to mark CKR properly they definitely don't deserve to win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here