Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee: "We deserved a draw" ...????

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
IMHO I think we nicked a point last night when we shouldn't have had any. On the balance of play we could have easily lost 4-2 but neither side played at their best.

parks

Jan 17, 2004
East Sussex
goldstone said:
Mr Mcghee was surely watching a different game to the one I saw. We were crap. A four-one defeat would have been a fair result.

The only ones of the starting eleven to emerge with any credit were Henderson, McShane and Butters ... and possibly Carole.

Saturday has to see CKR starting for Jake and Albert for Frutos. Reid needs to go back to the right (give Kerry another go on the left), and possibly Alexis in place of Charlie.

If we can play that badly and gain a point then surely we will stay up!

I'm with you aside from Carole, who i thought was poor, and i would stick with Jake.

So there!!

Re: Re: Re: McGhee: "We deserved a draw" ...????

BensGrandad said:
a midfielder with the ability to dictate play and pass the ball forward to the strikers as opposed to being all muscle and bustle as we have now.

A player like that operating at Championship level would cost the wages of about 30 Big Macs, Malongos and McPhees though.

Less of the pie in the sky, we have enough playmakers - Carole, Knight - what we need now is a system built around them that stops the other team playing. At Palace we started with such a system and it screwed up the opposition for the rest of the game.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Knight and Carole operate best as wide men Hammond occassonally wins the ball, if he is not scissor tackling opponents, what we desperately need is a man of the like of Case, Mortimer of previous times one on his way down from the Premiership would not cost a fortune in wages.

Portsmouth got promoted by using Sherwood, Stone, Merson in this role and I am sure that we could afford a similar type of player to feed Knight and Carole and help keep us up.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Re: Re: Re: Re: McGhee: "We deserved a draw" ...????

London Irish said:
A player like that operating at Championship level would cost the wages of about 30 Big Macs
Isn't that what we're paying Butters ?

(just kidding, Race ;) )

BensGrandad said:
Knight and Carole operate best as wide men Hammond occassonally wins the ball, if he is not scissor tackling opponents, what we desperately need is a man of the like of Case, Mortimer of previous times one on his way down from the Premiership would not cost a fortune in wages.

Portsmouth got promoted by using Sherwood, Stone, Merson in this role and I am sure that we could afford a similar type of player to feed Knight and Carole and help keep us up.

Hopefully we might one day be at Mandaric financing levels. But not quite yet alas. But I'd love to be proved wrong and McGhee find a Veira at Chateuroux or wherever......

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am sure that there must be a player of this type languishing in the reserves of Tottenham Chelsea, Arsenal or even Charlton or West Ham either an older player going down the leagues or a young one coming up who needs first team experience.

I see Wolves have signed Tom Huddlestone from Spurs for a month.

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
It's all ok as soon as Maradonna and Ardillies take over money will be no object so we can sign these players....

:lolol: :lolol: :smokin: :smokin: :eek: :shootself

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
All this crap about how we played is nonsense. Who cares. We got a point. How many times have we been raped at home by rubbish sides.

Also, what's all this stuff about "if they had a decent striker they would have beaten us 4-0"? Well my response to that is if we had Paul Robinson in goal we wouldn't have conceded and if we had Ronaldnhio we would have stuffed them. All these "if's"...stop talking out your arses.

We're six games unbeaten away including a win at Selhurst and it's like a f***ing inquest on here. :nono:

sammy

Aug 23, 2005
portslade
Went to bed after sw scored bloody awfull match both sides need to be shot mind you nice suprise to find out it was 1 all:smokin:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here