Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee wants another striker

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
According to the Argus. Bloody hell how many strikers do we want at the club. Doesn't say much for the money we've shelled out for strikers already.
What concerns me most though is he apparently has been in Ireland looking for one. I don't think plucking some obscure player from Shelbourne or Limerick is going to be the solution.
At some point we are going to have to off load some strikers if we sign another

CKR
Knight
McPhee
McCammon
Robinson
Turienzo
??????

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Dougal said:
According to the Argus. Bloody hell how many strikers do we want at the club. Doesn't say much for the money we've shelled out for strikers already.
What concerns me most though is he apparently has been in Ireland looking for one. I don't think plucking some obscure player from Shelbourne or Limerick is going to be the solution.

CKR
Knight
McPhee
McCammon
Robinson
Turienzo
??????

The Irish League isn't THAT bad.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Kevin Doyle came from the Irish League I believe and ghe has been a hit for Reading. We need a goalscorer. Robinson and CKR are good but not quite ready to be relied on so heavily

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Well Mcphee's time is up and I'm not convinced CKR is an out and out striker, so another one (who knows where the onion bag is) will be welcome, because that is where we have been going wrong this season.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
BarrelofFun said:
Kevin Doyle came from the Irish League I believe and ghe has been a hit for Reading. We need a goalscorer. Robinson and CKR are good but not quite ready to be relied on so heavily

I believe that Brighton were interested in signing Kevin Doyle over the summer but Reading snapped him up.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
We def need someone who can score but I'd rather try and get an older player on the way down (loan) rather than another risk of an up and coming. I think we need a bit of experience and a player that has done a bit in his career . Of course finances dic tate but release a couple and I think it would be prudent in the long run to do this

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Dougal said:

CKR
Knight
McPhee
McCammon
Robinson
Turienzo
??????

It's got to be McPhee and McCammon for the chop surely?? I don't think Knight and Robinson are classed as out and out strikers so I still think we need the traditional "Number 9" type striker

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Robbie Fowler. One sub appearance this season. Perhaps he would play for free, if we write to him and ask him nicely. He could use the time to add some nice properties to his portfoilio.

Pretty please Mr Fowler

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
McGhee hasn't been overly convincing in the transfer market when it comes to strikers.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
BarrelofFun said:
Robbie Fowler. One sub appearance this season. Perhaps he would play for free, if we write to him and ask him nicely. He could use the time to add some nice properties to his portfoilio.

Pretty please Mr Fowler

Remember when that rumour went round that he'd f*cked bellotti's wife? That was funny.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Debatable.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Are we talking just transfers?

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
ANOTHER CENTRE FORWARD? - I'd rather we got one in on loan. Jake, CKR and Turienzo are young/in-experienced in this league but I truly believe that at least one or two of them will come good. but if we got in another permanent striker that gives us: CKR
Knight
McPhee
McCammon
Robinson
Turienzo
Hart
and the new guy, thats 8 players all of whom can play up front, yet we only have one recognised left-footed left back.

I'd rather we got an EXPERIENCED Championship striker in but only 'till then end of the season and then loan out say McPhee and big Mac or maybe the younger players so they can start banging in the goals and getting some confidence .

We need a left back desperately, as well as a centre back (although I'd only get one as cover to see how hinsh recovers) and another midfielder.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
First up we need players now, not 'ones for the future'. CKR and the Argentinian are not therefore good aquisitions. Likewise Malongo. Further, we paid good money for CKR and Federico. We need cover for both full backs and have only aquired a crock in Dodds. It is no coincidence that we are not playing orthodox full-back and we have conceeded a lot of goals from the flanks this season. That Blackburn keeper was also pants.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here