Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee today

Fatboy Quim

Jan 27, 2005
Lammy said:
It wouldn't bother me if he said something along the lines of;

"Well all baring a miracle now we are down. For the remaining 6 games the players will be playing for their contracts as I intend to have a clear out in the summer"

Should put a few rockets up some arses...

Do you realise that in-between talking to the Argus and Seagulls World etc... McGhee probably does talk to the players, and, shock horror, you might not know what he says.

I personally, agree with MM's thinking -and his managment of the club, for the record - however he is the manager of a football club talking to a newspaper, to be read by fans. 1. if he said we were doomed I think many of us would be very upset and 2. although MM is one of the most open managers regarding the ins and outs of the club, he will not divulge everything to the Argus. i.e "i'm gonna have a huge clearout, cos my players are shit" - that would really gee them up for a relegation battle.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
yeah expect him to say this , my question in the thread was does he believe it . I actually think he does !

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
ps Interesting to see Dario Gradis comments since Christmas have more often than not negative

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dougal said:
yeah expect him to say this , my question in the thread was does he believe it . I actually think he does !

Hope the players do too or we might as well not bother turning up

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
gazwag said:
Yes it was a well thought out argument and his point was put across extreamley well :nono:

Yep succinct and to the point!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Yep succinct and to the point!

but also bollocks unless you are suggesting sacking McGhee would give us a better chance of staying up, which is also bollocks imo

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Icy Gull said:
but also bollocks unless you are suggesting sacking McGhee would give us a better chance of staying up, which is also bollocks imo
It couldn't hurt.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
If there's no-one to motivate the players then there will be repeats of the Reading & Plymouth scorelines.

Personally I wouldn't want a manager who threw in the towel so easily to be in charge of any team.

The Crewe board must be wondering if Gradi is really the man to get them back up next year.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Race said:
Yeah cos I'm sure the players havent realised that one already. :rolleyes:

So the players are well up for the fight? That's why we are currently seeing our wost performances of the season so far? 1st half at QPR for example.

McGhee is not to blame either so that just leaves the players ability ???

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Fatboy Quim said:
Do you realise that in-between talking to the Argus and Seagulls World etc... McGhee probably does talk to the players, and, shock horror, you might not know what he says.

:eek:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Icy Gull said:

I have to agree with you with 6 games to go or whatever but after cov in the cup there was every chance of staying up in my opinion.

Anyway we may do the impossible.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here