McGhee, should his job be under threat?

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Capenter should be fit for Cardiff so Charlie will be back on the bench

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
3gulls, my point is that McGhee is not doing anything fundamentally wrong.

I don't remember an Albion player having a run of misses like this, it really is exceptional and very different from saying "if Kerry Mayo hadn't f***ed up we would have drawn" because that's going to happen all the time.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Good to see that no-one at all believes MM's job should be at risk.

It is a stupid thread, but the replies speak for themselves.

As he comes up to two years in the job, MM is quite possibly our best manager - and so far the most loyal - over the last ten years. Bar none.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Pavilionaire said:
3gulls, my point is that McGhee is not doing anything fundamentally wrong.

I don't remember an Albion player having a run of misses like this, it really is exceptional and very different from saying "if Kerry Mayo hadn't f***ed up we would have drawn" because that's going to happen all the time.

:lolol: Sorry, i could not help laughing about poor Kerry.

I know what you are saying, but we are simply not good enough on too many occasions. We need so many additional players that the odd miss (which is only to be expected from such a young midfielder) should not dictate our league position. I do not blame MM in any way though. I think that he is doing a fantastic job with both hands and feet tied behind his back.

We need to see investment in the team, and now!

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
This is just ridiculous. How many of us would even have considered starting a thread asking if McGhee's job was in danger if it hadn't first been raised by some muppet at The Mail? Well, I think I can answer that myself - NOBODY (except Ernest, and that would have been a spoof)!

I've read lots of stuff about how badly we played on Saturday, who's letting the side down and what we need to do about it. In all that writing I can't recall one person suggesting that McGhee should go (except as a joke).

McGhee's the best manager we've had since Chris Cattlin, and I hope he sticks around for a lot longer - at least until we're playing at Falmer in front of regular 20,000 crowds. He deserves some good times with us after all the cr*p he's had to put up with.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
The facts do not add up to this hero worship, 2 wins in the last 24 games, wasting the transfer budget on unknown Argies and injured hasbeens, not sorting out a keeper so playing youth goalies pre season when a new keeper should have been settling in, throwing games away with tactical ineptitude, the list goes on.
How many games do we give Magoo before it's too late ? If we get relegated and with our present form that is on the cards then there will be at least 4/5000 empty seats at Withdean each match , less season ticket renewals so a massive cash flow problem and thus the club in more danger of not paying the VAT man again and we might not have a Virgo to sell this time to satisfy him.
If we lose against Cardiff and Palace then Dick Tight will have no choice but to sack him.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It would be nice to think that McGhee might see this thread so he realises all of the fans, bar Ernest, are right behind him.

Charlie_g

Sep 18, 2003
Hove
Did you see McGhee face on Saturday? That man cares. I am right behind him. He is passionate about the Albion. Im glad so many of us think he is doing a good job. Keep the faith.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here