Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee, should his job be under threat?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
3gulls said:
The Knight problem may be resolved within the next four weeks if we get a different site to Falmer! :clap: :clap: :clap:

"Knight Problem may be resolved? What rubbish. If there are multi-millionaire fans with cash burning a hole in their pocket waiting for a Falmer decision who the hell are they?

larus

With all due respet, we really should be beating times like Norwich. :nono: :nono:

Reality check time for people. We're doing OK in terms of performances (Saturday excluded), and McGhee doing a good job in difficult circumstances.

So, a big NO.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
McGhee is doing a good job. We're playing exciting football for the first time in ages, yet we're still quite difficult to beat (away ;) ).

You can see that wins are going to come.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Be Serious

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Everybody's job should be under threat,or complacency sets in.

But MM ? Not yet,I think!

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
El Presidente said:
If there are multi-millionaire fans with cash burning a hole in their pocket waiting for a Falmer decision who the hell are they?

I don't know. But it would appear that others do.

From the Argus: "There could, however, be a link between Ardiles and future investment in the Seagulls. Talksport radio presenter Alan Brazil, a former Tottenham team-mate of Ardiles, claims to know a wealthy ex-player interested in putting money into the club."

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
3gulls said:
I don't know. But it would appear that others do.

From the Argus: "There could, however, be a link between Ardiles and future investment in the Seagulls. Talksport radio presenter Alan Brazil, a former Tottenham team-mate of Ardiles, claims to know a wealthy ex-player interested in putting money into the club."

I honestly think you are correct, but any money put into the club will go into financing the stadium rather than the playing squad. Think about what the following clubs have in common

Huddersfield
Stoke
Walsall
Darlington
Leicester
Derby

...all have brand new spanking stadia but that does not guarentee success on the park, and the likes of Leicester and Derby get far higher attendances than we can expect to achieve at Falmer WHEN Prescott says YES on October 27th

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
El Presidente said:
I honestly think you are correct, but any money put into the club will go into financing the stadium rather than the playing squad. Think about what the following clubs have in common

Huddersfield
Stoke
Walsall
Darlington
Leicester
Derby

...all have brand new spanking stadia but that does not guarentee success on the park, and the likes of Leicester and Derby get far higher attendances than we can expect to achieve at Falmer WHEN Prescott says YES on October 27th

By contrast, you could quote Hull or Southampton (before their bubble burst), or Reading. The point must be that with a stadium that will hold about 30000+ and support available in the general area, you have a better chance. Even Leicester had success 3 years ago, before Micky Adams started the rot because he could not manage at Premiership level.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Of course not, obviously.

I do think he made a mistake on Saturday, however we all make mistakes and he hopefully will rectify it for the Cardiff game.

Mcghee is an excellent manager and just what the club has needed following SC's departure. I still think it is a great shame that SC left and if it wasn't for THAT WANKER ARCHER, he may possibly still be with us ( although one could also argue that if we were still at the Goldstone he may not have come here anyway...)

There you are , a positive DTG ( its because I am now officially old)

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
As a Leeds fan, I say no way.

Hopefully no one takes offence at this, but you are one of the smaller clubs with a poor stadium. You don't have a decent budget to buy majorly good players. You are a team that's always going to struggle. At least McGhee has got good championship experience.

Whats Ardiles going to bring, except exciting matches, where you score 3 and let in 4.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
On the Hudds point above, to be fair, there was a stack of money available once the stadium was built, it was just that Steve Bruce needed to bring in players to get to the Premiership, which he spend a fortune on doing ( Lucketti, etc etc) and only just missed out on!!

Ruberry who was the Dick Knight of the club having overseen the stadium build, bankrolled the club and when it all went wrong, he wanted his money out, that is where it all went tits.

Robbied

We are a small club we know that, we have no money ( although received some decent money from Celtic and Leeds) the problem is it all went to pay debts. Our Chair is very frugal and doesnt believe in splashing the cash, whilst Falmer is under review. it will be interesting to see if once Falmer is given the go ahead, what happens on the money front. We know £3million will come to the club via the Stadium Company - costs spent on the Application. How much of that will be available to strengthen the squad will be interesting to see.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We have had 5 great managers in a decade.

Horton - steered the ship away from grounding on the rocks, the Seagulls rise started here

Adams - brilliant manager

Taylor- brilliant manager

Coppell - very good but left with a source taste in the mouth and jerked DK around whilst fooling around in Thailand for 6 weeks

McGhee - brilliant manager - we could not possibly get a better manager than MM with the situation we are in. He is superb

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
McGhee has secured our place in the Championship when we are playing with the smallest budget of all the teams.

Dick Knight (not tight) et al has secured our future whilst running at a loss. Fans that demand that more of the money that we have made from transfers be used to build a team. The main focus must be on our long term future.

When you put our Clubs situation into context with other teams, who have faired better than us financially, they have done an outstanding job.

To blame Knight or McGhee for our shortcomings in the last game, or the last 22 games as we are being reminded is ill informed.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
McGhee's job should not be under threat. If Hammond had stuck away two or three of the sitters he's missed in the last few games we'd be 13th or 14th by now.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Pavilionaire said:
McGhee's job should not be under threat. If Hammond had stuck away two or three of the sitters he's missed in the last few games we'd be 13th or 14th by now.

If my Aunt had bollocks she would be my Uncle. If we had another midfielder to play alongside him instead of Oatway... ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here