Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee Says...

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
The Large One said:
Maybe. but it doesn't answer my question.
The answer to your question is... To wait and see if McGhee lives up to his word... Hopefully he will because my god he needs to.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Tom Hark said:
Trouble with playing all these shitty little friendlies against no-mark teams is it doesn't identify the weaknesses in the squad til it's too late. What's the point in looking like world-beaters against a bunch of French amateurs, other than as a glorified training season. It's a shame that Swindon pulled the plug on a proper test of the Albion's credentials for this season.

MK Dons have just done that.By the way Swindon are in the same league as MK Dons:dunce:

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
well, if we presume Brittain will be one signing then probably that McBreen player, that will have equalled Mcghee's 'two, possibly three' new signings claim. Won't be enough IMO

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
It will be Brittain
Loan player(def)
Targert man:jester: Yea right Mcgoo.Your still looking after 2 years

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Well we need 3 signings to make up a quality spine in the team.

Chances of McGhee pulling that off are very slim. The bloke becoming a joke.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
McGhee needs to do a lot in the early part of next (this?) season to win back my confidence, however there are many reasons why we can't and aren't signing new players before the season is just about to start. Mc Ghee himself must be one of the main reasons which is a cause of great concern, but the club can't afford to pay players through the summer so we "trial" players up to the last minute; the club has no future at Withdean so players will sign for other clubs in preference to us; and most importantly many players will find out next week that they aren't in the starting line up for their clubs on Saturday so will be looking for a loan move for first team football/shop window.

I expect to see signings next week but don't expect to see them slot into a winning team straight away - sadly for Mc Ghee he desperately needs a good start or he could be the first casualty of the season.

Don't read too much into the result at Rotherham. Remember the winning start at Burnley a few seasons ago?

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
He may sign two or three players, but I seriously doubt they will be of the quality required (with the exception, possibly, of Brittain)

They will be a reaction from Magoo when everyone else has rejected us and he needs to be seen to be doing something.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Not A Fake Gerbil said:
well I sort of thought that the fact we've signed 1 count him 1 player all summer doesn't really give you too much hope of signing that many more players before next week does it?
Obviously we've approached 742 players who've turned us down :rolleyes:
Nope, you've still not answered it.

You seem to forget that this last week of the season, and certainly the week before the transfer deadline closes, there are what, 300? 400? professionals looking for work. True, some may be not what we're after, but some may be that keen to play for anyone that they might well give us a go? It's a very common occurence at the start of the season.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
timbha said:
McGhee needs to do a lot in the early part of next (this?) season to win back my confidence, however there are many reasons why we can't and aren't signing new players before the season is just about to start. Mc Ghee himself must be one of the main reasons which is a cause of great concern, but the club can't afford to pay players through the summer so we "trial" players up to the last minute; the club has no future at Withdean so players will sign for other clubs in preference to us; and most importantly many players will find out next week that they aren't in the starting line up for their clubs on Saturday so will be looking for a loan move for first team football/shop window.

I expect to see signings next week but don't expect to see them slot into a winning team straight away - sadly for Mc Ghee he desperately needs a good start or he could be the first casualty of the season.

Don't read too much into the result at Rotherham. Remember the winning start at Burnley a few seasons ago?

I don't but that.We have released quite a few players so there is a gap for us to bring players in during the summer

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The Large One said:

You seem to forget that this last week of the season, and certainly the week before the transfer deadline closes, there are what, 300? 400? professionals looking for work. True, some may be not what we're after, but some may be that keen to play for anyone that they might well give us a go? It's a very common occurence at the start of the season.

what I was trying to say!

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
The Large One said:

We'll see eh.

Personally I don't think we'll get anyone just more stories about who we "nearly" got.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I think we should do another poll on McGhee:lol:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
algie said:
I don't but that.We have released quite a few players so there is a gap for us to bring players in during the summer

this is my point - we release players to save on summer wages. THE CLUB HAS NO MONEY!!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
algie said:
Targert man:jester: Yea right Mcgoo.Your still looking after 2 years
More than that, he was saying the same things at Millwall.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
If we have no money then why are we putting in 100k bids matey?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
The Large One said:

Yeah but are they any better than we let go? And are they gonna be match fit anyway?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
timbha said:
this is my point - we release players to save on summer wages. THE CLUB HAS NO MONEY!!
There must be some room on the wage bill, Knight, McCammon, Carole, Turienzo, Nicolas, all high earners gone from the wage bill and not replaced.

Halftime Oranges

Oct 22, 2003
Rottingdean
Silent Bob said:
There must be some room on the wage bill, Knight, McCammon, Carole, Turienzo, Nicolas, all high earners gone from the wage bill and not replaced.

:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here