Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mcghee Quits Fir Park To Join Hearts

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
McGhee is fairly well off by ordinary prole standards but not probably not enough to turn his nose up at four times his wage. He'll probably be sacked in two weeks and get it all in one go as well. Bonus.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I clearly believe there was inteference. What are YOU talking about?

??????

Maybe cocked up what I was trying to say, I am sure he left the club because of the way it was being run, objecting to the way that they were going through managers at an alarming rate and the way the Chairman was pretty much running the club and picking the team on his own.

It is sad to reflect that 10 years ago Hearts were winning the Scottish Cup and looking like they could make a serious challenge to the Old Firm domination in the league, now they couldn't be further from that and have turned into a bit of a joke in the lower half of the league...sad, very sad!

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
It is sad to reflect that 10 years ago Hearts were winning the Scottish Cup and looking like they could make a serious challenge to the Old Firm domination in the league, now they couldn't be further from that and have turned into a bit of a joke in the lower half of the league...sad, very sad!

It was also before Romanov the wheels came off, when their previous owner wanted to sell Tynecastle and make them play at Murrayfield.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I feel sorry for Motherwell. They've just finished third and McGhee, like McLeish and Billy Davies before him, has walked off for a bigger job.

Similarly, Motherwell can again expect their best players to be cherry-picked by bigger clubs.

With the Old Firm they have absolutely no hope of winning the League - the best they can expect is the odd victory vs Celtic or Rangers and a cup final every once in a while.

Full marks to McGhee though, he clearly took the job as a stepping stone and it has worked out beautifully for him.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Romanov is a bit like the owner of Chelsea, bringing in his own players without consulting the manager, except none are anywhere near as good as Shevchenko.

He'll be used to that having worked for Dick Knight...

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm sure that if there are any black players in the Hearts squad, they would be getting worried if this were true.

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
Now being reported on official HMFC website that we have approached Motherwell to speak to him. Rumours about him coming have been doing the rounds for at least three months.

The worry for us is that, if he does come, he will either last as long as Burley or jump ship to Celtic as soon as WGS calls it a day which may not be very long.

Still, the first time I've been excited about things at Tynecastle for at least 18 months.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well it just shows the integrity of the man :jester:

At the end of the day its all about MONEY.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hang on a second, we currently have a manager that left us without a backward glance to be no 2 to a slightly bigger club and we love him.

McGhee has taken Motherwell from relegation candidates to being the best team in Scotland outside the two who are so far ahead it's a joke and now he's offered a job where he may get to challenge those top two...and still the antis find a reason to slag him off.

Good manager end of, get over it. How many teams does he have to take to their best positions for years before the blind can see that? (being blind probably doesn't help admittedly). Always in demand throughout his career and I expect he was when he left here, but probably needed some time off to recover from the wound made by the knife in his back

To love MA whilst slagging off MM is laughable, ok his time had come here but 2 good seasons out of three with us is pretty damned impressive as is most of his cv unlike the messiahs

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here