Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee out, Sturrock in

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Can McGhee get enough out of what are not a bad bunch of players?

Discuss.

Last edited:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
I think he can. I know it is going to take time but he is good at bringing youngsters through. Juat look at Millwall for that.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its been a horrendous start, but thats all it is, a start. We could have a spell like this at any point of the season, and we probably will as well. We've lost 3 and drawn 1 of our League games (don't care about the cup). McGhee has managed at this level, he has had success at this level. As I said on another thread, there is absolutely NO WAY we could get someone else in with anything LIKE McGhee's pedigree and experience if we were looking for a replacement.

He's doing the best he can with one arm tied behind his back. Get behind him and back the fella, cos if we start dishing stick and he turns round and says "f*** this then" and walks away, then we are really in the shit. Unless you actually WANT Hinshelwood/Wilkins/Booker in charge ?

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Our problem is that we have far too many players who could be described as 'squad players' i.e they are very similar in style and ability as each other but not enough that would walk straight into the 1st team.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
I can appreciate McGhee has got the best squad together that he can on next NO resources, BUT he uses them in such a poor way. I truly believe that this group of players could have got more out of the first five games of the season than we have.

McGhee makes crap substitutions and then whinges about the crowd when the team are playing rubbish.

Let Sturrock be manager. He will DEFINETLY do better.

GOOD THREAD TITLE RUMBLE.
ALSO, I LIKED YOUR SHIRT TONIGHT. YOUR COMPANY ARE VERY LUCKY TO HAVE SUCH A WELL TURNED OUT EMPLOYEE.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Albion Dan said:
Where the hell is John Piercy at the moment? Surely hed be better than Hinshelwood in the middle?

He has colitis.

The shits in other words.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Sturrock is a very good boss and will do well for someone. But not for us as we already have a good manager.

I think McGhee is doing the best he can with the limited resources.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
fatboy said:
He has colitis.

The shits in other words.

Rather worse than that.

We have a lot of injuries which isn't helping but the remaining players have lost their confidence.
We were doing well until we conceded a goal and the stuffing went out of them.

I think McGhee will sort it out. Plymouth carried on doing well when Sturrock had gone so who is to say that Sturrock was the great manager he appeared to be?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
fatboy said:
Can McGhee get enough out of what are not a bad bunch of players?

Discuss.

Ah, another of these funny wind-up threads that everyone is going on about!

We certainly has enough chances tonight!

We need our central midfield back. Chippy and (probably won't go down well with some people) Charlie need to come back!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It was a miracle we went up last season and frankly undeserved lets be honest. Our football last season was at best average and in the middle of the season bloody awful.

We have 5 div 1 players in my book, Roberts, Kuipers, Cullip, Carpenter and Knight. Thats it.

We are being found out. Our side is much much weaker than 2 years ago and the division is stronger.

skintboy

Jul 12, 2003
Eastborne
spot on Easy,who else would do the job,last nights phone-in mentioned Danny Wilson but he has had money at previous clubs and Mark Mcghee outwitted him in play-off final,so thats a non starter to me!!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Gareth Glover said:
We have 5 div 1 players in my book, Roberts, Kuipers, Cullip, Carpenter and Knight. Thats it.

After the last few games, I'm not sure that Cullip is up to the standard of the Championship. In fact, he looks decidedly poor at the moment. Top quality hoofer though as is Virgo etc.

:D

Josky

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
I'm not sure if I support this view that it was a miracle we went up last year, therefore we should expect to get relegated this year.

We've worked hard to get into this division over the course of the season and we earned the right to get here.

Everyone is saying its so early in the season, but we're not even putting in good performances and losing, just playing awful and losing.

I don't care what anyone says, we should have won last night. :( :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here