Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee laughing at Leon?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I think I must have been at a different ground to those who thougth Leon was playing better than Richards! OK Colin lost the plot in the last ten minutes and also started acting a fool but Leon wasnt being particualry effective in the 2nd half.

dull boy

Oct 11, 2005
KinkyGoebels said:
Would anyone say anything if it was ckr or Robinson? nope.

why not.same thing whoever does it i didnt think leon did as well last night as he could of and he seemed to have taken a knock later on which seemed to slow him a bit. but glad to see he didnt want to be subbed.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
dull boy said:
why not.same thing whoever does it i didnt think leon did as well last night as he could of and he seemed to have taken a knock later on which seemed to slow him a bit. but glad to see he didnt want to be subbed.

But you know for a FACT there would not be the same reaction - people just dont like Leon for some reason.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Richie Morris said:
It showed Leon CARED about being taken off. He was probably slightly PISSED off that Kazim-Richards was being left on the pitch having done literally NOTHING all game.

Seconded !!!!!!

Squiggsy

Oct 26, 2003
Worthing
Would rather see Leon narked about being subbed than pleased about it. Wasn't his best game, though the ball through to Hammond was a peach.

I think McGhee has done well with LK. Much less diving around, fewer bookings, talking about wanting a longer contract.

Not even a storm in a teacup imho.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Magoo is the manager, Leon the Newt is one of his players, Magoo is in charge, Leons Petulant, MAgoo can put him in his place, if he gets the right reaction from him we'll see a better performance next time.

dull boy

Oct 11, 2005
KinkyGoebels said:
But you know for a FACT there would not be the same reaction - people just dont like Leon for some reason.

agree leon gets shit loads of flak he doesnt deserve off some people but all i was doing was replying to your asking if anyone would say anything if it was another player treated the same. and yes, they would.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Leon gets that sort of treatment from some fans because we know he is capable of so much better. At times the guy is a wasted talent because of his work rate and attitude.

I agree about Kazim-Richards last night, but I thought Leon was equally as ineffective. You can't keep playing to a similar level, and know that you are going to be the one subbed the whole time, it will destroy the confidence, and that's happened to all the strikers other than Leon this season. For example, it was Jake that was taken off against Cardiff when he was miles better than Leon that day....

There is also an argument that the front two got no service last night, but when they did get it, they didn't do enough with it.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I fully support McGhee on this one. Leon behaved like a twat and McGhee laughed it off. If you have a problem with the manager, you talk to him about it at an appropriate time, not behave like a sulky teenager who can't get their own way - and certainly not in front of 4,000 witnesses.

Behave like a twat, get treated like a twat - no matter who it is, Leon, Jakey, CKR or anyone. It's just that we've come to expect it from Leon now. At times, his attitude is brilliant - total TOTAL respect to the way he played in an unfamiliar role against Derby on the opening day of the season - at other times, he behaves like a prima donna. And aside occasional bursts from CKR, no-ne else at the club does that.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
KinkyGoebels said:
I give up i really do -mybe its a case of you will miss him if he is gone.
No-one, except your good self, on this thread is questioning whether he should have been subbed - we can debate that all day. (Personally I didn't think he was the worst of the three forward players that started)

People on this thread are debating Leon's reaction to being subbed, and McGhee's reaction to the reaction. And the fans' reaction to McGhee's reaction to Leon's reaction.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
If it was jake there would not be a single thread on this.

Going back to last year when people pointed out leon removed his black armband(cant recall what it was for - sorry) and ripped into him about it, not a word was said about the other 4 or 5 that did.

Last edited:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Richie Morris said:
It showed Leon CARED about being taken off. He was probably slightly PISSED off that Kazim-Richards was being left on the pitch having done literally NOTHING all game.

Exactly. These threads about "stupid, petulant, arrogant" Leon really get tedious. He wants to play, he wants to win, and he hates being taken off. Good for him.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Absoloute SHIT.
If it was Robinson or ANYONE else, there would be a thread.
It was amusing.

Last edited:

KinkyGoebels said:
When he went off last night the team went to pieces - Wolves knew they had to keep an eye on him but with him off the pitch they pushed Naylor on more and caused more problems.

:lolol: Naylor played virtually the entire first half in our half he was bombing forward so much.

KinkyGoebels said:
Apart from putting Hammond through one on one you mean?

But that was virtually it for the entire 90 minutes? That one lay-off in the second half. Just not good enough for a relegation battling team Kinky.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here