Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee laughing at Leon?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
But that was virtually it for the entire 90 minutes? That one lay-off in the second half. Just not good enough for a relegation battling team Kinky.

At the same time, what it shows is that one bit of brilliance Knight has the ability to change a game. We do not really have many players that can do that. Coupled with the fact that Richards looks dead on his feet it seemed odd to take Knight off.

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
I didn't at first but i'm starting to agree with KinkyGoebels, For me Leon Knight id the best player contracted to Brighton and Hove Albion. I think that he does take a lot of stick and to be fair i think Jakey does seem to have been given the freedom of the city (in a manor of speaking) for having potential.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Redhead said:
I didn't at first but i'm starting to agree with KinkyGoebels, For me Leon Knight id the best player contracted to Brighton and Hove Albion. I think that he does take a lot of stick and to be fair i think Jakey does seem to have been given the freedom of the city (in a manor of speaking) for having potential.

Robinson just has the Freedom of Kemp Town.

Uncle Buck said:
We do not really have many players that can do that.

That was true last season, but not any more! Leon had better watch his step and listen to McGhee, he really isn't indispensible now we have a far better playmaker in Carole.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
London Irish said:
That was true last season, but not any more! Leon had better watch his step and listen to McGhee, he really isn't indispensible now we have a far better playmaker in Carole.

Knight is indispensable.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
But that was virtually it for the entire 90 minutes? That one lay-off in the second half. Just not good enough for a relegation battling team Kinky.
and help with the goal - thats nothing is it? if hammond could finish people would be raving about the through ball - o hang on it was leon, they wouldnt

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:

Carole at times can do something special, but certainly in home games he has a habit of blowing hot and cold, he seems to perform better on the road. CKR looks every so often to be able to do something special. However it is Knight that still can often produce that bit of magic, but then he has played a lot more games than the other 2.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
London Irish said:
Leon had better watch his step and listen to McGhee, he really isn't indispensible now we have a far better playmaker in Carole.

A better winger, but not sure about a better playmaker - Leon creates from all over the pitch; that isn't Carole's job.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Uncle Buck said:
Carole at times can do something special, but certainly in home games he has a habit of blowing hot and cold, he seems to perform better on the road. CKR looks every so often to be able to do something special. However it is Knight that still can often produce that bit of magic, but then he has played a lot more games than the other 2.
Leons ball to Hammond in the Leeds game where he hit the bar was pour class. people never seem to stick the chances he creates away.

Was it Carole or Knight that put Jake through on sat?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
KinkyGoebels said:
Like i said, you saw no creativaty when Leon was off the pitch last night and if he goes in the summer you will have that all season.

What makes you think Leon will go in the summer?
Every interview he gives says how much he loves it here, the team and the gaffer.
Besides which no-one made an offer for him last time.

I don't read that much slating of Leon on here tbh.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
13 post on this thread from KG (so far) and mostly all in defence of LK.

I wasn't at the game but KG's protectiveness to LK is obvious, are you his rent boy?

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
I saw it and thought Magoo was only reacting to the crowd taking the piss. I also think that it is good when a player gets frustrated at being taken off. it shows that he has a passion for what he is doing and he was probably frustrated at himself for not doing more to help the team which was why there was a petulant display from him. Good on you MM for laughing and LK for being pissed off with being taken off:clap:

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
B.M.F said:
I saw it and thought Magoo was only reacting to the crowd taking the piss. I also think that it is good when a player gets frustrated at being taken off. it shows that he has a passion for what he is doing and he was probably frustrated at himself for not doing more to help the team which was why there was a petulant display from him. Good on you MM for laughing and LK for being pissed off with being taken off:clap:

At last, three pages into the thread and someone finally points out what MM was reacting to - the South stand response to Leon's petulance. Everyone around me thought it was a great reaction from MM - it showed that he has a sense of humour.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
thedonkeycentrehalf said:
At last, three pages into the thread and someone finally points out what MM was reacting to - the South stand response to Leon's petulance. Everyone around me thought it was a great reaction from MM - it showed that he has a sense of humour.

Exactly.. can't believe i started this daft thread... there's been so many needless arguing over a nothing issue! It was just MM laughing in reaction to Leon's reaction.. nothing more, nothing less!

We like Leon, Leon likes us - he's not going anywhere, and just showed a bit of frustation at being subbed...he'll cope, and so will we!

KinkyGoebels said:
Leons ball to Hammond in the Leeds game where he hit the bar was pour class. people never seem to stick the chances he creates away.

Was it Carole or Knight that put Jake through on sat?

Well it certainly wasn't Knight who put Jake through on Tuesday, we know that much ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here