Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee IN!!

only1robbiereinalt

Oct 7, 2005
:angry: I can't beleive people are calling for his head, no-one...not even jose could do much more with this team! he needs a goalscorer, ok..made a mistake with turenzo, giv him til after january see who he brings in. Thats our first real thrashing this year, to a gd team.

:clap: cmon brighton

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
We need investment. A couple of million and we'll be a decent team. :drink:

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
The Large One said:
Forty Notes Quiz Night in January to help keep McShane here til the end of the season?

Be lucky to raise enough to get him to the end of the week!:lolol: Must be on a fair wedge!

Under Coppell after XMAS, our form, would have put us into the top half of the table,

Same resources, issues!

only1robbiereinalt

Oct 7, 2005
London Calling said:
Under Coppell after XMAS, our form, would have put us into the top half of the table,

Same resources, issues!

we're in the relegation zone by 1 point, thats good for a team with our recources. if we'd lost 1-0 today people wouldnt be screaming for his head

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
The Large One said:
gvce26: I'll put you down as a 'no' then. :)

Not saying no...Unless it's in the 1st half of Jan!!

Just that at Man Utd he might earn a Kings ransom!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
2 wins this season is why he should be going

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
OK so just b4 Xmas we get totally slaughtered by the top team away.

Could be worse it could happen week in week out but it doesn't.

only1robbiereinalt

Oct 7, 2005
Beach Hut said:
OK so just b4 Xmas we get totally slaughtered by the top team away.

Could be worse it could happen week in week out but it doesn't.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

only1robbiereinalt said:
we're in the relegation zone by 1 point, thats good for a team with our recources. if we'd lost 1-0 today people wouldnt be screaming for his head

Actuallyi I am not,

I watched all of the Coppell games, I wasn't totally convinced but now his form speaks for itself,

I now have a family and as such i have seen few Albion games under McGhee, however, I keep in touch via my mates and here of course.

Perhaps some could do better, could Coppell with the same squad?

But if we were to sack McGhee, I doubt we would get anyone to replace him.

As the Leeds manager said, McGhee has got the hardest job in the league, and who would want to come here, if the Board didn't show loyalty.

But he has got a bad track record<

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Give the guy a break. We are playing much better football than where we are in the league. We got it wrong today. Big deal. At Watford we played them off the park. Mark derserves better support for his loyalty to us and the way he cares about BHA and its supporters.:angry:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I agree our recorld under him is not great, but lets face it most of that time we have been punching above our weight.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I'm gonna reserve judgement until mid-Jan ....
By then we will know for a FACT what new players (if any) will arrive.
We will also have played Hull and Milwall which are now both 6-pointers.
2 wins and 2 draws in the next 6 games. Anythihg less and I'll be joining the Magoo out campaign

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Bad track record? Who got the Albion promoted and helped them stay up last season?

Coppell did an excellent job, but did have Kuipers, Zamora, Cullip, Rogers, Blackwell, Ingmarrson, and even managed to get Kitson to put in a couple of good performances too.

Compare that to what McGhee has available. The 2002 team would paste the 2005 one on a man for man basis

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
mrhairy said:
Give the guy a break. We are playing much better football than where we are in the league. We got it wrong today. Big deal. At Watford we played them off the park. Mark derserves better support for his loyalty to us and the way he cares about BHA and its supporters.:angry:

we can play good football all season and still go down - its about getting viuctories, something that we are unable to do

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
There is no shame in losing to the top team, especially with 10 men for half of it. They are on target for a 100+ finish. No shame in that at all.

We will pick ourselves up, and if anything it may do us a favour or two. We are our most dangerous when people underestimate us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here