Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee in limbo for next season

Rusco

Jul 8, 2003
Always Bringing Up The Rear
Race said:
Lets hope we all find out soon, sometime this week would be good!

Well Tank, due to the way you have been kept hanging on, I wouldn't have a gripe with you if you found another club in the meantime.

You've got to look after you and your family first and foremost

Last edited:

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
London Irish said:
Good management, fine organisation, excellent tactics and unbeatable team spirit are the reasons you're looking for there.

Youre right there but if were looking at the job Danny Wilson did at Brizzle then people can hardly say he did a bad job just because he was beaten by an albion team that were up for it on the day with less expectation to deal with.

sir danny cullip said:
God knows, we need to be decisive this summer and get in early with some decent signings rather than waiting for the scraps. Im assuming that if players like guy havent been told whether or not they are getting contracts the club dont know and by now they really should. We were relegated 2 weeks ago and decisions about out of contract players should have been made then.

Yes, yes they should. It's chaotic and very depressing.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
London Irish said:
Good management, fine organisation, excellent tactics and unbeatable team spirit are the reasons you're looking for there.

In the league we only managed a draw with Bristol City . Oh yes and they whacked us 4-1 at Withers.

By the way that was ONE GAME. Even you admitted yourself that this season mistakes have been made. So then you would agree over the course of a WHOLE SEASON as has been proved MM is not up to it.

The final was a one off. Cup game. Anything can happen. Its 11 v 11, insert your own cliche.

As for MK dons is in any surprise they are struggling in their RESPECTIVE division like we did in our division? Stadium, wages, facilities :bla: :bla: :bla: apart from the franchise element many parallels can be drawn.

Last edited:

sir danny cullip said:
Youre right there but if were looking at the job Danny Wilson did at Brizzle then people can hardly say he did a bad job just because he was beaten by an albion team that were up for it on the day with less expectation to deal with.

Yes, I will never say Wilson did a bad job - Bris should have stuck with him. I'm just saying that, with much more resources, he didn't do as good a job as McGhee.

Last edited:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Rusco said:
Well Tank, due to the way you have been kept hanging on, I wouldn't have a gripe with you if you found another club in the meantime.

You've got to look after you and your family first and foremost

Too right, and due to the way Tank has kept me hanging on for a new fridge I'm gonna find him another club meself!!! :lolol:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
As for MK dons is in any surprise they are struggling in their RESPECTIVE division like we did in our division? Stadium, wages, facilities :bla: :bla: :bla: apart from the franchise element many parallels can be drawn.
Quite possibly - which is all the more bizarre that you defending Wilson and scapegoating McGhee. You can't see that glaring contradiction staring you in the face? ???

Uncle Buck said:
None of which seem to be in existance this calendar year with the Albion.

Well, if you were conceding the point that they were all there two years ago, you have to explain to me why a man with this ability suddenly woke up overnight and didn't have it any more. You know, that's a stretch. More realistically, of course, finances dictated that McGhee for all his talents could not keep us punching above our weight indefinitely.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I suppose being able to stand motionless with your arms folded for 90 minutes non stop is a talent, i couldn't do it, i fidget too much.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
London Irish said:
Quite possibly - which is all the more bizarre that you defending Wilson and scapegoating McGhee. You can't see that glaring contradiction staring you in the face? ???

No but what I am saying is that a change is as good as a rest and maybe it is time for a new manager. DW is used to managing under "constraints" so that is why I am saying he is possible suitable alternative. Please dont forget he was DK first choice before MM but was rebuffed by the City board.

Thanks for the memories MM. The king is dead long live the king scenario.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
London Irish said:
Well, if you were conceding the point that they were all there two years ago, you have to explain to me why a man with this ability suddenly woke up overnight and didn't have it any more. You know, that's a stretch. More realistically, of course, finances dictated that McGhee for all his talents could not keep us punching above our weight indefinitely.

Problem is that people think weve gone down with a whimper. We may not have the resources of sheff wednesday but they really battled and looked as if they were willing to put themselves out to stay in the league. We havent done that and imo the squad as a whole have come out of this season with very little pride/credit at all. After the crewe game the way MM wrote the game off without even admitting it was a very important game was when i really started to worry whether we were as up for the battle as the teams around us.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
London Irish said:
More realistically, of course, finances dictated that McGhee for all his talents could not keep us punching above our weight indefinitely.

Jeez, the time wasted with all this.

It's not a black and white thing. Of course we knew at the start of the season that we might not stay up. It's about the quality of the performances. We've won one home game this calendar year. We got hammered several times. We lost after being ahead against Crewe and Millwall. You can argue about it all day but the people who've followed us home and away all season have judged with their own eyes and pockets.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Fragmented Badger said:
They're obviously not going to let McGhee decide while there's any doubt about his job. So, what the hell happens if say, McGhee goes? Do the players just sit around for weeks/months until we get a new manager?:glare:

Well, that's exactly what happened when Peter Taylor II walked out !

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Benny Zamora said:
Jeez, the time wasted with all this.

It's not a black and white thing. Of course we knew at the start of the season that we might not stay up. It's about the quality of the performances. We've won one home game this calendar year. We got hammered several times. We lost after being ahead against Crewe and Millwall. You can argue about it all day but the people who've followed us home and away all season have judged with their own eyes and pockets.

Exactly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here