Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee in limbo for next season

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Mr Burns said:
Danny Wilson. He nearly kept up MK Dons (still might) and because he's managing a shit near death club, doesn't make him a shit manager. And he's got the blue and white in his blood.

He would be my No1 choice as well. In fact he was DK FIRST choice before he took on the lardy clown.

Oh but Wilson didnt set the world alight at Sheff Weds. Well neither did Paul Jewell or a bout a million managers before or since. And now MM has a relegation from the 'second tier' c LI on his CV.

Oh but look at Bristol City now. Yes look at them when he was in charge. Dead certs for play offs and nearly auto certs for promotion.

Bring him in DK.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
there was another reason why DW didnt come here and it involved the BC Chairman.

Ask ROSM, he knows all

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Oh I know we were 'rebuffed' by whatever means but it shows that MM was not DKs first choice of manager.

He was at best 'first reserve'. It also shows that DK would have been willing to pay BC compensation. Probably a similar amount to what we got for Coppell.

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Yes look at them when he was in charge. Dead certs for play offs and nearly auto certs for promotion.

For how many seasons? And how many times did he actually get them promoted?

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Bwian said:
For how many seasons? And how many times did he actually get them promoted?

Here we go....

3 narrowly missed out on auto promo and had to resort to the lottery of the playoffs. Bit like Sheff Utd (before they finally cracked it).

Even the staunchest MM fan knows wee were lucky in the play offs and it should have been a BC - Swindon final.

And if you dont think that then I refer you to MM who admitted we were lucky.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Sneaky George said:
When do you expect to hear?

It was supposed to be last Monday, then Tuesday, then maybe Saturday, and then today.........................:shrug:

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
He would be my No1 choice as well. In fact he was DK FIRST choice before he took on the lardy clown.

Oh but Wilson didnt set the world alight at Sheff Weds. Well neither did Paul Jewell or a bout a million managers before or since. And now MM has a relegation from the 'second tier' c LI on his CV.

Oh but look at Bristol City now. Yes look at them when he was in charge. Dead certs for play offs and nearly auto certs for promotion.

Bring him in DK.

Totally agree with that post :thumbsup: People say Danny Wilson failed to get Bristol up but we were lucky to beat them in that play off and we can surely admit that. They get rid of him and have had a few very poor seasons indeed. He seems to be making a fight of it with MK dons and i would be pleased if we got him as manager in the future.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Commiserations on the whole situation Race, Guy deserves better after the great couple of years he’s given us and I’m amazed the club can’t promise you at least a 3 month or even month-to-month contract for next season. Getting out my shovel, can you shed any light on why exactly this delay is happening? Could it be to do with managerial/boardroom changes?

Oh but look at Bristol City now.
Yes, let's.

Are you under the impression they are near the bottom of the league or something?

They are just a few points outside the play-offs and would have been comfortaby there had Gary Johnson got them a few weeks earlier this season.

In terms of that league, they are the biggest club there is, bar Forest.

The fact that they have been stuck there for so long and it's us the penniless club that have had promotion and two years in the Championship should be something you should be grateful for. Fat chance eh?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
London Irish said:
Yes, let's.

Are you under the impression they are near the bottom of the league or something?

They are just a few points outside the play-offs and would have been comfortaby there had Gary Johnson got them a few weeks earlier this season.

The fact that they have been stuck there for so long and it's us the penniless club that have had promotion and two years in the Championship should be something you should be grateful for. Fat chance eh?

Fat chance indeed coz Magoo royally f***ed it up bigstyle. And can we have your new labour spin on MK Dons and the fact that they might just get out of it after being dead and buried earlier in the season.

Last edited:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Sneaky George said:
Very poor indeed. What the hell is going on?

Lets hope we all find out soon, sometime this week would be good!

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
London Irish said:
Yes, let's.

Johnson has done a brilliant job there no doubt about it. I think the argument here is that people always give the "he never got bristol city promoted" story when Danny Wilson is mentioned. Fact is that they were the better side the whole of that season and we managed for whatever reason to beat them on the day. They got rid of him and theres no doubting that went downhill, now theyve replaced him with a good manager they are starting to recover again.

Fat chance indeed coz Magoo royally f***ed it up bigstyle. And can we have your new labour spin on MK Dons and the fact that they might just get out of it after being dead and buried earlier in the season.

And Danny Wilson not getting promotion with the biggest club in the league and now relegating MK Dons - that of course represents success in your eyes and a far superior track record to McGhee? :shootself

sir danny cullip said:
we managed for whatever reason to beat them on the day.

Good management, fine organisation, excellent tactics and unbeatable team spirit are the reasons you're looking for there.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
And he got Barnsley to the premier league.

Listen. I say MM should go. People then say quite rightly if he went who would you have? Instead of offering " I dont know" or something like Mourinho or Sven I am offering a decent candidate who I feel could do a good job.

Its all about opinions. My opinion is DW could do a better job than MM.

Certainly if I won the lottery I would sack MM and install him. But I havent won the lottery so I cant.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Sneaky George said:
Very poor indeed. What the hell is going on?

God knows, we need to be decisive this summer and get in early with some decent signings rather than waiting for the scraps. Im assuming that if players like guy havent been told whether or not they are getting contracts the club dont know and by now they really should. We were relegated 2 weeks ago and decisions about out of contract players should have been made then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here