Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee hunting for striker

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Does anyone really believe BHAFC will sign anyone under Magoo whos not too young or old to be any better than NSC's finest ?

I'm more likely to win an F1 GP in a MK1 Cortina than Magoo is to sign a decent attacking player.

:angry:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
zefarelly said:
Does anyone really believe BHAFC will sign anyone under Magoo whos not too young or old to be any better than NSC's finest ?

I'm more likely to win an F1 GP in a MK1 Cortina than Magoo is to sign a decent attacking player.

Was GNW not good enough? Was it 2 in 4? How about CKR? Got 6 goals despite not playing half the season? Frutos not a quality player, if we had a decent target man the whole season then Frutos would of had a lot of assists.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
If we sign a half decent target man I will shit in my pants and wear them on my head for a week.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Les Biehn said:
If we sign a half decent target man I will shit in my pants and wear them on my head for a week.

Decent target man = 20 goals? ?

And what if CKR gets 20 goals? will you still do this stunt? photographic evidence needed at the end of season please:lolol:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Gullsworth said:
Decent target man = 20 goals? ?

And what if CKR gets 20 goals? will you still do this stunt? photographic evidence needed at the end of season please:lolol:

You think we will get a target man who will score 20 goals? I would be very surprised. I would also be very surprised is CKR gets more than 15, just not sure he is the type of player who will get loads of goals but will set more up and open defences with his pace and skill.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
DAMANCLAY said:
We are losing a fortune a year how can it not be above our budget?

Errr... how many clubs in league 1 are losing more than us?... clubs just do not run at a profit in league 1... if we get somewhere near filling Withdean, which we will do if we do well, then we will have similar attendances to many clubs in league 1... I am pretty sure that we also charge more than every other club at this level, and our commercial revenue is comparatively good, so our overall revenue will not compare too unfavourably with our competitors... in summary, we face the financial constraints that almost all clubs face at our level...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
DAMANCLAY said:
Was GNW not good enough? Was it 2 in 4? How about CKR? Got 6 goals despite not playing half the season? Frutos not a quality player, if we had a decent target man the whole season then Frutos would of had a lot of assists.

GNW was barely adequate and his knees are fcuked...
CKR - 6 goals is not exactly setting the division on fire, even if he only played about 1/2 a season...
Frutos not a striker!...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Les Biehn said:

I reckon your pants and head will stay sh1t-free... :)

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Competition Apps (as sub) Goals Yellow Cards Red Cards
League 25 (17) 6 8 0
FA Cup 1 (0) 0 1 0
League Cup 1 (0) 0 0 0

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Silent Bob said:
Competition Apps (as sub) Goals Yellow Cards Red Cards
League 25 (17) 6 8 0
FA Cup 1 (0) 0 1 0
League Cup 1 (0) 0 0 0

6 in 25 and 17 as sub is not great, is it?...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
... that said, I think he will do really well in league 1...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
zefarelly said:

Of course, the problem comes down to Magoo and nobody wanting to sign for him and there was me thinking it was something to do with the Archer Belloti legacy. Get rid of the Jocko and strikers will be queuing up to play at Withdean under whoever we get to replace him.:rolleyes:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Icy Gull said:
Of course, the problem comes down to Magoo and nobody wanting to sign for him and there was me thinking it was something to do with the Archer Belloti legacy. Get rid of the Jocko and strikers will be queuing up to play at Withdean under whoever we get to replace him.:rolleyes:
We managed before.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
Icy Gull said:

Some people wil never agree...............they are too blinkered......but they have their opinion and the manager has every chance to prove them right/wrong on a more even playing field (Div 1)

Just get behind the team:clap:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Silent Bob said:
We managed before.

I assume you mean Zamora and Knight? Players like Zamora come to clubs like the Albion once every 30 years. Knight we pushed the boat out for financially I believe? We probabaly can't afford to do that anymore maybe or it could just be that no-one wants to play for McGhee. I think the former as I don't see any standout strikers going to any struggling clubs at the moment. Are you also suggesting we wouldn't continue to struggle to compete financially if MM got the boot??

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Icy Gull said:
I assume you mean Zamora and Knight? Players like Zamora come to clubs like the Albion once every 30 years. Knight we pushed the boat out for financially I believe? We probabaly can't afford to do that anymore maybe or it could just be that no-one wants to play for McGhee. I think the former as I don't see any standout strikers going to any struggling clubs at the moment. Are you also suggesting we wouldn't continue to struggle to compete financially if MM got the boot??
Knight was a free transfer and £50k on promotion, hardly pushing the boat out.

Zamora was a find, and we probaly won't have a striker as good for a long time, but there are still plenty of good young players out there who need a chance.

Obviously the summer has barely started, we won't really be able to comment until the season starts but McGhee is already making stupid comments.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Silent Bob said:
Knight was a free transfer and £50k on promotion, hardly pushing the boat out.

Zamora was a find, and we probaly won't have a striker as good for a long time, but there are still plenty of good young players out there who need a chance.

Obviously the summer has barely started, we won't really be able to comment until the season starts but McGhee is already making stupid comments.

You say the summer has only just started but the players will be back in training soonish I would have thought?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
B.W. said:
I reckon your pants and head will stay sh1t-free... :)

What a shame on two fronts

1) 20 goal plus forward = safety from plumeting through the divisions (maybe)

2) A series of pics on here of a sh*t covered Les Biehn

OH happy days:dance:

I think it may happen:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here