Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee hoping to sign McShane

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
blockhseagull said:
Actually that is a very good point.... it does depend on what utd want.... it will never be over there asking price so you can have some indication on what you might pay.

One question though..... what if McShane wants to sign for us but we are only willing to pay 50k.....Manure want 150k and someone else is willing to pay that fee.... what happens then ?

Basically McSHane can choose where he goes so long as the club are willing to pay an agreed or tribunal fee. If McSHane wants to come to us, as long as we pay what a tribunal ask for then he is ours no matter what any other club is willing to pay

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
blockhseagull said:
Right cheers was unsure whether we would have to match the fee ?

Surely though at tribunal the fact that the asking price was matched by another club would be taken into account

It would be one of the factors looked at, along with how many games he has played and at what level, representative honours and also what players of a similar age and position have gone for. Also they would look at how long he has been at Utd, as they would be compensated for his development.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
There is a history of Man U players going to Walsall- the reason...they are looked after and know they will get first team football. Its a myth to assume all United players are money grabbing primadonnas. The Kids are bought up well and know playing week in week out is often more important than being at a big club.

If he did join us, and we went down, one good season from him would ensure a move to a bigger club.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Richie Morris said:
McShane is going at the end of the season and this is McGhee putting in the ground work so he can say "I tried to keep him"

To be fair he has to try something.... hardly on a level playing field are we

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
GUNTER said:
Could do a job at league one level, still not convinced he's championship standard.

Gunter, I have noticed that several of your recent posts have put you in line for the '1066 of the week award'.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
The issue is much more about what wages we would offer him and if other clubs would offer more. He might 'love it at Brighton' but if someone else offers more money (and a higher league to play in, quite possibly) then he will not end up at Withdean.

PG.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Peter Grummit said:
The issue is much more about what wages we would offer him and if other clubs would offer more. He might 'love it at Brighton' but if someone else offers more money (and a higher league to play in, quite possibly) then he will not end up at Withdean.

PG.

see Steve Sidwell.

E

enigma

I thought we only had to pay a fee if he was offered a new contract on the same or improved terms (thats what it is on Football Manager I think)

E

enigma

Uncle Buck said:
Fee (compensation) is payable for a player under 24 moving between English (might be British) clubs.

I understand that, but I rhought it was to do with the contract etc as well...maybe Champ has it wrong.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
enigma said:
I understand that, but I rhought it was to do with the contract etc as well...maybe Champ has it wrong.

Nothing to do with the contract, it was brought in by the FA when the Bosman kicked in to try and make sure clubs were compensated for the development work they had done with their young players. It gets clouded a tad when we could have got money for Knight in the summer, but I guess that is part of the reason that clubs include large sell on fees in deals such as the Knight one.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here