Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee disappointed with Knight

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
kinkygerbil said:
oatway has done well

...of late ....personally I dont think he is good enough.
As regards MM....hes the manager and we are the critics...he will choose a formation for each game and will decide on the one he thinks will beat Rotherham. Leon's style doesnt always fit the master plan and we have to accept that.

Stumpy Tim

Easy 10 said:
I hesitate to criticise McGhee as opinions on him seem to blow in the wind half the time, according to the latest result. A couple of months ago he was being hailed as a genius after switching Virgo up front and chiselling out a win at Leicester and a draw at Watford. But its getting harder to argue against some of the dissenting voices, and THPP makes some valid points.

The bottom line is though, McGhee has steered us to a division we have no right to expect to be in, and on top of that, one way or the other, we have managed to steer clear of the bottom 3 places for most of the season so far - and that is a hell of an achievement. I don't always agree with McGhees selections or tactics, but at the moment, the ends are justifying the means. If we are still 21st or above by the turn of the year, then McGhee must be doing something right.

I want to see Leon and Claridge up front on Saturday, and I will be bewildered and bloody annoyed if McGhee doesn't take this option. But whatever happens, I still think we've got the best man in charge right now, and I sure as hell wouldn't want anyone else there. McGhee is the man to keep us up, and I do have faith that he will do just that.

I just wish he'd do it MY way ;)

I agree with everything you say, apart from THPP making some valid points. That's nonsense.

I'm sorry, but if you gave me the option of being 4 points clear of relegation, having beaten Forest, West Ham, Leicester & Leeds then I would bite your hand off. I couldn't care less if we played a ballboy up-front with Leon on the bench.

And the self-important tripe about people on NSC knowing more about football than MM - what a load of complete shite.

This board really pisses me off sometimes. After the play-off win, it was agreed that we would be lucky to survive, we would only do it by winning the odd game 1-0, and drawing 0-0 & 1-1. We knew we were going to lose some games. And now that's exactly what we're doing we get this crap from people who seem to think we should be challenging for the play-offs. Let's not forget, Steve Coppell took us down. Leon Knight may have scored more goals under Coppell than MM, but MM has been a more effective manager for us at this level

Roger Mellie

Sep 27, 2004
London SE1
What I have seen of Malango he is not the answer and Bob Booker basically said forget him he ain't the one when he was at a London meetig a while ago. You've got to trust they know what they're talking about here when they see them every day..... I agree with stumpy of where we are and what to expect....we are in a fking great place and if it was not for Crewe being a pain we would be seriously over achieving....cmon lets enjoy it. Roll on Rotherham (and please jedi don't let us lose)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Roger Mellie said:
What I have seen of Malango he is not the answer and Bob Booker basically said forget him he ain't the one when he was at a London meetig a while ago.

If that is the case why do they still play him in the reserves when they allegedly had the oportunity to let him go to Malaga, if that press speculation was true.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Easy 10 said:
I hesitate to criticise McGhee as opinions on him seem to blow in the wind half the time, according to the latest result. A couple of months ago he was being hailed as a genius after switching Virgo up front and chiselling out a win at Leicester and a draw at Watford. But its getting harder to argue against some of the dissenting voices, and THPP makes some valid points.

The bottom line is though, McGhee has steered us to a division we have no right to expect to be in, and on top of that, one way or the other, we have managed to steer clear of the bottom 3 places for most of the season so far - and that is a hell of an achievement. I don't always agree with McGhees selections or tactics, but at the moment, the ends are justifying the means. If we are still 21st or above by the turn of the year, then McGhee must be doing something right.

I want to see Leon and Claridge up front on Saturday, and I will be bewildered and bloody annoyed if McGhee doesn't take this option. But whatever happens, I still think we've got the best man in charge right now, and I sure as hell wouldn't want anyone else there. McGhee is the man to keep us up, and I do have faith that he will do just that.

Sums it all up nicely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here