Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee delivers contract warning (from bbc)

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Goring Gull said:
How can someone who has so obviously lost his dressing room and the players respect over the past few months and only won 6 in 50 or whatever it isbe the right man for the job. No wonder Britain is far behind sometimes if this sort of standard is acceptable.

Sorry but all these 'losing the dressing room' rumours are pure speculation. Its amazing how some people here can add two and two and then make up their own answer.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Jimmy Saville said:
I would also think about Dean Wilkins, or perhaps even a Dean and Ray partnership.

Now THAT would work. Im gonna change my signature!! :clap:

Last edited:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
bhaexpress said:
Sorry but all these 'losing the dressing room' rumours are pure speculation. Its amazing how some people here can add two and two and then make up their own answer.

I think there is enough evidence to suggest otherwise - Knight, McGammon, Kuipers, the heads dropping, Reid on Saturday...

It's hardly adding two and two and getting three hundred and forty three is it?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
bhaexpress said:

I would agree if he said 'my source' but he has said Joel Lynch told him. And you cant get much more than current 1st team than that.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
enigma said:
I can see that people might want him to leave at the end of the season, even if Im not sure myself. But I dont see that sacking him now would have any point to it.

Absolutely, It didn't work for Leicester did it? What was it? Three wins on the trot? Even Millwalls form turned around for a few games.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Goring Gull said:
How can someone who has so obviously lost his dressing room and the players respect over the past few months
'So obviously' :nono: That, too is a meaningless word in this context.

Why are you so keen to keep stating that everything in the club is so bad? That because the team is losing matches that it is rotten to the core? What is your agenda? You have no evidence of half the things you are saying yet you still continue to spout them as gospel.

Or are you doing it purely for effect, and silly me has fallen for it?

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
I would agree if he said 'my source' but he has said Joel Lynch told him. And you cant get much more than current 1st team than that.
You think Joel Lynch, a newbie in the first team squad, would go round shouting his mouth off stating that sort of shit, fundamentally jeopardising his own place in the team right at the start of a hopefully long and successful career? Give over.

I guess we'll see how things are on Monday evening. Body language can be a great revealer of the truth.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Sneaky George said:
Wise got fed up at Millwall because the chairman gave him no money and sold the best players. Sounds familar doesn't it?
He's also a horrible little thug. Is that the best suggestion you have?

Is Wise a "horrible little thug?" or just a passionate hard man?

Cast your mind back to the late 70's when Mike Bamber appointed Alan Mullery as manager on the basis that Muller's had slapped one of his own Fulham team mates during a game.

So was Mullery a horrible thug or a passionate hard man?

I know it's only my oppinion but i'd rather have a manager in the mould of Wise, Roy keane, Mark Hughes, Brian Robson, Alan Mullery etc,

Than a slimey bully boy like Mcghee, Trevor Francis, John Gregory etc who are known for causing player unrest but were never really hard men when they were players.

It's time we had a manager who can bring back some passion and fighting spirit into the Albion.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
DK was at Newcastle last night (safe in the knowledge he was well away from the baying masses in sussex) along with MM looked a right old love in with some of the fans, did get time to question him though, He fully assured me that things were in hand and that we would not be relegated.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Goring Gull said:
DK was at Newcastle last night (safe in the knowledge he was well away from the baying masses in sussex) along with MM looked a right old love in with some of the fans, did get time to question him though, He fully assured me that things were in hand and that we would not be relegated.
'Baying masses...?' You do flatter yourself.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have it on the largest authority that the dressing room is as sound as it has ever been.

Having said that, Dean and Ray's Blue and White Army has a certain ring about it!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
The Large One said:
'Baying masses...?' You do flatter yourself.

If DK says we are staying up then he has to be believed.

Did seem a lot of bravado and back slapping going on though.

I also believe Knight was there as a chance of a bit of glory for him had we won.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Goring Gull said:

Did seem a lot of bravado and back slapping going on though.

I also believe Knight was there as a chance of a bit of glory for him had we won.

All the directors were there not just Dick Knight.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Goring Gull said:

He obviously hasnt seen our recent performances or looked at the league table then!

Come to that or our form since Boxing Day

L L L W L D L L L L L (and also Cov cup game...L)

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Goring Gull said:

He obviously hasn't been to many matches lately then?

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Dies Irae said:
I have it on the largest authority that the dressing room is as sound as it has ever been.

Having said that, Dean and Ray's Blue and White Army has a certain ring about it!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Dean Wilkins is doing a superb job with the kids who are the future of the club. Let's not mess with one area which is working very well. Wilkins must stay as youth team boss.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Goring Gull said:
How can someone who has so obviously lost his dressing room and the players respect over the past few months and only won 6 in 50 or whatever it isbe the right man for the job. No wonder Britain is far behind sometimes if this sort of standard is acceptable.
Where's the evidence he's lost the dressing room?
Ok, he's only won a few games but I really don't think anyone else would have done a better job other than Coppell. The bookies thought at the start of the season we'd go down and we're precisely where they thought we'd be. They don't often get it wrong. Yes we're going down but I want McGhee to stay and I still think he's the right person to build a squad capable of getting out of League One next season.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Sneaky George said:
I still think he's the right person to build a squad capable of getting out of League One next season.

What is this thought based on, out of interest?

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
What is this thought based on, out of interest?

McGhee has made some mistakes in the market. We should have brought Jon Harley from Sheff Utd last summer and obviously the lack of a goalscorer has been a disaster. That said, he has managde to buy/get in players who have been really good for us; e.g. Currie, Carole, Frutos and Henderson. So there's hope that he could get a few in that would add to what's the makings of a pretty good squad for next season in League one.

GK: Henderson
RB: Reid / El Abd
El Abd, Hinshelwood, Butters - CB's. Maybe a new one?
Lynch - LB ( plus a new signing maybe? )

RM: Hart? ( I think Carole will leave)
CM: Hammond
CM: Chippie/Oatway
LM: Frutos, Loft

Will need a new signing .. creative player

Up front: Gatting, CKR, Baby Jake + someone older like Tommy Mooney ( not him but someone like him. We should have brought him 2 years ago when he left Swindon). Tom Brighton?

It's quite a good team for League One and IF we can get a few new players ( and I know it's a big if) in then I'd expect us to be a play off team again.

Summer 2006: Lewes council fail to get Falmer stadium halted.
Albion sign 3 or 4 new players. So I live in hope. God, what else can you do if you support the Albion?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here