Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee delivers contract warning (from bbc)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
sofa fella said:

Rather see Wise waving his fists around at the Withdean (on or off the pitch) than clueless Mcgoo scratching his arse by the dugout wondering what the f**k to do next.

Just my opinion

Exactly. A bit of 'sabre rattling' is exactly whats required. We havent had the same since Cullip left and Oatway got injured.

Anyway Magoo normally has his arms folded.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Anyway Magoo normally has his arms folded. [/B][/QUOTE]

So who's hand was scratching his arse??

Maybe thats another thread for another day!

:D

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
sofa fella said:
Dennis Wise.

He can walk away from Coventry to take up a managers job and could add a bit of bite in the midfield.

Ok he might crack a few jaws but never heard of him throwing players off the bus.

We could do with a bit of fighting spirit we've been lacking since Oatways injury.
Wise got fed up at Millwall because the chairman gave him no money and sold the best players. Sounds familar doesn't it?
He's also a horrible little thug. Is that the best suggestion you have?

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
That is bullshit. Of course the chairman is in a better position than me and it IS his job. Just because I can't give you one name that you seem to want to be guarunteed to doa better job does not mean there isn't one.

If McGhee was to leave there would be plenty of applicants for ths job at this club and I do think that at least one of them could do a better job than McGhee could, given the fact that since the start of the season he's taken this club backwards.
Yes it's Dick Knight's job to appoint the manager, of course is it and I didn't say it wasn't. But it IS the point that people who slag McGhee off should think twice about it before ranting on against him when they don't have any better ideas. If Albion are going to fire McGhee with 10 odd games to go it just might be a good idea to have someone in mind don't you think? Or would you prefer Booker to take over whilst " the plenty of applicants" consisder what it would be like managing a team with no stadium, no money and in freefall for League 1. If you can't think of anyone to replace McGhee do me a favour, how about give the man some support and shut the f*** up.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Sneaky George said:
Wise got fed up at Millwall because the chairman gave him no money and sold the best players. Sounds familar doesn't it?
He's also a horrible little thug. Is that the best suggestion you have?

Do you just read the immediately preceding post?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Ok Ill bite

Stan Ternant
Phil Parkinson
Martin Allen
Danny Wilson
Steve Tilson
Ian Holloway
Dennis Wise

Those are a few names mentioned recently. Im not going to enter the debate here because its been done to death on the "McGhee out banner" thread and "McGhee who to replace" threads.

And yet again I state that if Magoo was to go 2morrow (who knows maybe he will think f*** this ive had enough and walk) we would get AT LEAST two or three genuine contenders who could do a decent job.

Last edited:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Ok Ill bite

Stan Ternant
Phil Parkinson
Martin Allen
Danny Wilson
Steve Tilson
Ian Holloway
Dennis Wise

Those are a few names mentioned recently. Im not going to enter the debate here because its been done to death on the "McGhee out banner" thread and "McGhee who to replace" threads.

And yet again I state that if Magoo was to go 2morrow (who knows maybe he will think f*** this ive had enough and walk) we would get AT LEAST two or three genuine contenders who could do a decent job.
At last, some names. Shame you don't want to discuss but thanks anyway.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
who the f is stan ternant.....

you missed off that bloke who managed charlton and cardiff...lennie lawrence

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Dies Irae said:
who the f is stan ternant.....

you missed off that bloke who managed charlton and cardiff...lennie lawrence

Stan Ternant ex Burnley manager and nearly kept freefalling Gillingham up last year. Well within something like 90 mins.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Sneaky George said:
Yes it's Dick Knight's job to appoint the manager, of course is it and I didn't say it wasn't. But it IS the point that people who slag McGhee off should think twice about it before ranting on against him when they don't have any better ideas. If Albion are going to fire McGhee with 10 odd games to go it just might be a good idea to have someone in mind don't you think? Or would you prefer Booker to take over whilst " the plenty of applicants" consisder what it would be like managing a team with no stadium, no money and in freefall for League 1. If you can't think of anyone to replace McGhee do me a favour, how about give the man some support and shut the f*** up.

No need to get so aggressive.

If I think McGhee isn't doing a good enough job surely it's only right to voice my opinions on a message board and try to discuss alternatives. After all, if I think it's going to improve the situation then it must be my duty as a fan.

And how do you know he hasn't got my support during the tmie he's in his job? It's not like I'm going to games and telling him to f*** off now is it?

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield

If I think McGhee isn't doing a good enough job surely it's only right to voice my opinions on a message board and try to discuss alternatives. After all, if I think it's going to improve the situation then it must be my duty as a fan.

And how do you know he hasn't got my support during the tmie he's in his job? It's not like I'm going to games and telling him to f*** off now is it?

We all give them the support during the 90 mins, not sure how long that is going to continue however, as unrest was bubbling on the terraces at Crewe. I think if we lose at Plymouth then we may see a change in that it's getting beyond a joke now.

I can't believe that someone on this thread expects us Magoo outers to actually hire and install a new boss when it's clearly Dicks job to do this.

Still waiting for Knight to show his face and explain himself and the incompetence which seems rife within the ranks.

Last edited:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London

Sorry for the aggression. I was out of order. I do agree that it's every fans' right to criticise the manager, team and board. Of course it is. My point is that if people are calling for McGhee's head ( as is your right) then I think THEY, and not just DK, should have an alternative. But now that a few names have been mentioned I'll shut the f*** up!
My own view is that I think McGhee has made mistakes but is probably the best man for the job at the moment.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Sneaky George said:
Sorry for the aggression. I was out of order. I do agree that it's every fans' right to criticise the manager, team and board. Of course it is. My point is that if people are calling for McGhee's head ( as is your right) then I think THEY, and not just DK, should have an alternative. But now that a few names have been mentioned I'll shut the f*** up!
My own view is that I think McGhee has made mistakes but is probably the best man for the job at the moment.

How can someone who has so obviously lost his dressing room and the players respect over the past few months and only won 6 in 50 or whatever it isbe the right man for the job. No wonder Britain is far behind sometimes if this sort of standard is acceptable.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The Large One said:

Yep like coppell nearly kept us up. Within 90 mins. Gillingham were in freefall. To get within 90 mins was a monumental achievement.

With MM in charge I fear that we wont be 90 mins from safety this year but well adrift with half a dozen games to go.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Goring Gull said:
How can someone who has so obviously lost his dressing room and the players respect over the past few months and only won 6 in 50 or whatever it isbe the right man for the job. No wonder Britain is far behind sometimes if this sort of standard is acceptable.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Sneaky George said:
Sorry for the aggression. I was out of order.

No worries.

It's hard to discuss this giving our situation and the point in this season. I don't actually think he should go now though but would be disappointed in we are relegated and he isn't asked to leave.
He has made massive oversights (left back, striker) that everybody could see needed to be sorted and we are suffering as a result.

E

enigma

No worries.

It's hard to discuss this giving our situation and the point in this season. I don't actually think he should go now though but would be disappointed in we are relegated and he isn't asked to leave.
He has made massive oversights (left back, striker) that everybody could see needed to be sorted and we are suffering as a result.

I can see that people might want him to leave at the end of the season, even if Im not sure myself. But I dont see that sacking him now would have any point to it.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

Stan Ternant
Phil Parkinson
Martin Allen
Danny Wilson
Steve Tilson
Ian Holloway
Dennis Wise

I would add Leroy Rosenior to that list. He's available and was highly rated after what he initially achieved at Torquay. Give him a contract until the end of the season, see what he can do. Can't do any worse than six wins in fifty.

I would also think about Dean Wilkins, or perhaps even a Dean and Ray partnership.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here