Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee delivers contract warning (from bbc)

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Seagull73 said:
I think the point about McGhee being hung-out to dry doesn't refer to the fact that MM and Dk don't get on, it's to do with the fact that there have murmurings for a while now about why we can't sign players and where has all the money gone etc etc.

In the past, when things are going well, you can't keep DK off the microphone at Withdean or out of the papers. Now, when things are not going so well, you don't hear hide nor hair of him, and McGhee is left to take the flack. If it's unfair on McGhee to take all this stick, then where as supporters do we turn?

The latest thing we hear from the Chairman is a letter in our season ticket renewal reminding us where this club has come from in the past 7 years, which I frankly found insulting coming right at this point in time. Most of us are more than aware what has happened to this club and where it has come from, we don't need it rammed down our throats when we are about to relegated, the entertainment is piss-poor and the Chairman is nowhere to be seen....

I cannot argue with that - MM selections are limited because DK cant fund him. They still baffle nme though.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
In a similar way that you cant be arsed to look thru those pages. Its been done to death and putting the names here will make this thread equally as long.

And yes I want him out NOW.
The link doesn't work so even if I could be bothered to trawl through all your anti McGhee ranting I can't.
Do you really think it's a good time to sack him and I repeat, who would take over?

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Sneaky George said:
The link doesn't work so even if I could be bothered to trawl through all your anti McGhee ranting I can't.
Do you really think it's a good time to sack him and I repeat, who would take over?

Do you think it's a good time to sack him? Too bloody late in my opinion , if he's bullying the players and pissing them all off he should go and go now.

Anyone has got to be better than having the lads demoralised

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
You just wait, if by some miracle we stay up, Old Dickie will reappear dancing across the Withdean turf claiming what a saviour he is and how despite his Falmer pipe dream he knows how to keep a club up on ashoestring etc etc.

Worst of all the fans in the stands will be feeding his ego.

I for one will be bellowing and "where were you when we were in the shit"

Last edited:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Goring Gull said:
You just wait, if by some miracle we stay up, Old Dickie will reappear dancing across the Withdean turf claiming what a saviour he is and how despite his Falmer pipe dream he knows how to keep a club up on ashoestring etc etc.

Worst of all the fans in the stands will be feeding his ego.

I for one will be bellowing and "where were you when we were in the shit"

you need to have a sit down and relax. Have a bottle of Harveys.

We all know where DK was when we were in the shit.

Is this an elaborate wind-up that I have been falling for ?

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Dick Knights Mum said:
you need to have a sit down and relax. Have a bottle of Harveys.

We all know where DK was when we were in the shit.

Is this an elaborate wind-up that I have been falling for ?

Can't get Harveys in Yorkshire, not that i've come across anyway. On that note anyone tried that Brazillian lager "Bavara???" or something saw it in Sainsburys last night 4 for £2.99 worth a try?

Last edited:

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Sneaky George said:
I can't be arsed looking through those 22 pages. Why can't those of you who want McGhee out just say who, realistically, you want to replace him?

And do you want him to go now?

Yes he should go now. He really should've gone after the Coventry cup game but he didn't.

As for asking who should replace him.That's not up to me you or anyone else on here to decide.That is the chairmans job.It doesn't matter who is put forward on here to take over,the only person that can fill Magoos job (soon hopefully) is the chairman but as we all know he dooesn't want to get rid of him yet for some unknown reason.:censored:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Sneaky George said:
Ah, you're on that level are you?

No but you did ask.

In all seriousness it's not my job to pick somebody but if I were given time and resources that are available to our board I reckon I could come up with someone better than McGhee given his history in signing players.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Seagull73 said:
I think the point about McGhee being hung-out to dry doesn't refer to the fact that MM and Dk don't get on, it's to do with the fact that there have murmurings for a while now about why we can't sign players and where has all the money gone etc etc.

In the past, when things are going well, you can't keep DK off the microphone at Withdean or out of the papers. Now, when things are not going so well, you don't hear hide nor hair of him, and McGhee is left to take the flack. If it's unfair on McGhee to take all this stick, then where as supporters do we turn?
Incredible. The people on here who are slagging off Dick Knight for allowing Mark McGhee to take the flak are the ones giving Mark McGhee flak in the first place.

'Yeah, McGhee OUT, and where are you, Dick Knight, letting us take free potshots at your manager? Why aren't you defending him? From us?'

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Why do people need a public statement from Dick Knight? To let us know that Mark McGhee is still the manager? I would have thought that was self-evident.

Last edited:

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
The Large One said:
Incredible. The people on here who are slagging off Dick Knight for allowing Mark McGhee to take the flak are the ones giving Mark McGhee flak in the first place.

'Yeah, McGhee OUT, and where are you, Dick Knight, letting us take free potshots at your manager? Why aren't you defending him? From us?'

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Why do people need a public statement from Dick Knight? To let us know that Mark McGhee is still the manager? I would have thought that was self-evident.

Surely Dick Knight has realised the growing strength of feeling against his manager,the same as I'm sure Magoo is aware of it.

A public statement let everyone know just where he stands on the Magoo situation including Magoo himself.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I'm sorry but to say it's the Chairman's job is a cop out. Those of you who want McGhee out are entitled to your opinion but it would be much more credible if you were able to come up with an alternative name for his replacement rather than hiding behind it's " not my job "excuse. So I repeat yet again, who?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Sneaky George said:
I'm sorry but to say it's the Chairman's job is a cop out. Those of you who want McGhee out are entitled to your opinion but it would be much more credible if you were able to come up with an alternative name for his replacement rather than hiding behind it's " not my job "excuse. So I repeat yet again, who?

That is bullshit. Of course the chairman is in a better position than me and it IS his job. Just because I can't give you one name that you seem to want to be guarunteed to doa better job does not mean there isn't one.

If McGhee was to leave there would be plenty of applicants for ths job at this club and I do think that at least one of them could do a better job than McGhee could, given the fact that since the start of the season he's taken this club backwards.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Sneaky George said:

Ok Ill bite

Stan Ternant
Phil Parkinson
Martin Allen
Danny Wilson
Steve Tilson
Ian Holloway
Dennis Wise

Those are a few names mentioned recently. Im not going to enter the debate here because its been done to death on the "McGhee out banner" thread and "McGhee who to replace" threads.

And yet again I state that if Magoo was to go 2morrow (who knows maybe he will think f*** this ive had enough and walk) we would get AT LEAST two or three genuine contenders who could do a decent job.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
gerbil said:
Surely Dick Knight has realised the growing strength of feeling against his manager,the same as I'm sure Magoo is aware of it.

A public statement let everyone know just where he stands on the Magoo situation including Magoo himself.
'Magoo' knows exactly where he stands.

Just what are you expecting him to say?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Sneaky George said:

Dennis Wise.

He can walk away from Coventry to take up a managers job and could add a bit of bite in the midfield.

Ok he might crack a few jaws but never heard of him throwing players off the bus.

We could do with a bit of fighting spirit we've been lacking since Oatways injury.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
sofa fella said:
Dennis Wise.

He can walk away from Coventry to take up a managers job and could add a bit of bite in the midfield.

Ok he might crack a few jaws but never heard of him throwing players off the bus.

We could do with a bit of fighting spirit we've been lacking since Oatways injury.
I thought it was felt we wanted to offload a bully boy who is tactically inept.

Last edited:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
The Large One said:
I thought it was felt we wanted to offload a bully boy who is tactically inept.

Did'nt do a bad job getting Millwall to a cup final.

Aint doing a bad job of motivating Coventry on the pitch either.

Rather see Wise waving his fists around at the Withdean (on or off the pitch) than clueless Mcgoo scratching his arse by the dugout wondering what the f**k to do next.

Just my opinion

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here