Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee delivers contract warning (from bbc)

Bigtk

Nov 20, 2005
McGhee delivers contract warning
Brighton boss Mark McGhee has warned that relegation will have a major effect on playing contracts at the Withdean club next season.
The Seagulls are in the relegation zone and five points adrift from safety.

McGhee told the Brighton Evening Argus: "A few players will be out of contract at the end of the season.

"There will be an effect on the level of contract they get or getting one at all if we go down, so the stakes are huge for everyone."

McGhee added: "The boys are aware of that, so they are not about to chuck it in. They are not about to accept it."

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm sure the players are aware of the contract implications of relegation already, but then I expect the players at Sheff Wed, Millwall and Crewe know that too and will be trying even harder as well.

An empty statement from a manager bereft of ideas and options.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
You would've thought he'd be trying to keep as many players as he can....he's finding it hard enough to sign anyone in the championship so i'd be buggered if anyone would want to go to you in Div 1

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
jevs said:
You would've thought he'd be trying to keep as many players as he can....he's finding it hard enough to sign anyone in the championship so i'd be buggered if anyone would want to go to you in Div 1

If there is a theoretical wage cap in League One you can bet that we'll already well within it.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I have an inkling that McGhee was told in the summer by DK that he would keep his job till the end of the season no matter what. He has not talked about being under any pressure.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I think DK has hung Mghee outo dry , he has not come out in support of him at all, questions need to be asked old Dickie boy is only to prominant if a bit of success is achieved taking the praise etc but when the chips are down he does a very very good impression of an Ostrich. Now is the time the manager and the player sneed his support.

Show your face now glory boy.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Jimmy Saville said:
I have an inkling that McGhee was told in the summer by DK that he would keep his job till the end of the season no matter what. He has not talked about being under any pressure.

Surely thats what a two year contract, that he signed in the summer, means....

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Goring Gull said:
I think DK has hung Mghee outo dry , he has not come out in support of him at all, questions need to be asked old Dickie boy is only to prominant if a bit of success is achieved taking the praise etc but when the chips are down he does a very very good impression of an Ostrich. Now is the time the manager and the player sneed his support.

Show your face now glory boy.

what the hell can he say ?

We fully support the manager at this time ? That would be helpful.

utter tosh.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Pavilionaire said:
I'm sure the players are aware of the contract implications of relegation already, but then I expect the players at Sheff Wed, Millwall and Crewe know that too and will be trying even harder as well.

An empty statement from a manager bereft of ideas and options.

I cannot agree more. Everything else has tried and failed so its now scare tactics.

Too little. TOO LATE.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here