Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee appointed Aberdeen manager

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Looks like another SPL club in the shit then.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Will he poach McLeod from us ? :rolleyes:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
You have to say fair play for his loyalty to Motherwell when he could have gone to the Jam Tarts before now, and on more money than he'll be on at Abderdeen. Wonder if he regrets that one?

He's done well, picked himself up after BHA and pressed on with his career. Good luck to him.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
A brilliant player and manager..... well done, Mark! :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Looks like another SPL club in the shit then.

If being in the shit means taking a club from just avoiding relegation the season before he joined them to 3rd and a place in Europe in his first season and 7th in his 2nd season, can we have some of that please

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
If being in the shit means taking a club from just avoiding relegation the season before he joined them to 3rd and a place in Europe in his first season and 7th in his 2nd season, can we have some of that please

Second season syndrome again. Expect Aberdeen to do well this year and drop like a stone the year after.

7th in SPL is RUBBISH.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Second season syndrome again. Expect Aberdeen to do well this year and drop like a stone the year after.

7th in SPL is RUBBISH.

5 points behind 5th placed Aberdeen and 11 off relegation doesn't sound too shabby for tinpot club like Motherwell. Should they have won the league in his 2nd season to prove he wasn't shit then?

The point is what is Motherwell's natural place in Scotland? Is it as high as so many Albion fans thought ours should be when he was sacked with us in mid table when we should apparently have been challenging for promotion with a threadbare squad?

One things for sure, McGhee has done better without us than we have without him since he left.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
I heard he's been waiting for this job most of his managerial career and if he can get them to challenge the 'Old Firm' again, then good luck to him.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
5 points behind 5th placed Aberdeen and 11 off relegation doesn't sound too shabby for tinpot club like Motherwell. Should they have won the league in his 2nd season to prove he wasn't shit then?

The point is what is Motherwell's natural place in Scotland? Is it as high as so many Albion fans thought ours should be when he was sacked with us in mid table when we should apparently have been challenging for promotion with a threadbare squad?

One things for sure, McGhee has done better without us than we have without him since he left.

I'm not saying he should have won it but he obviously didn't build on the previous year did he?

It's a common occurence throughout his mangerial career.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I heard he's been waiting for this job most of his managerial career and if he can get them to challenge the 'Old Firm' again, then good luck to him.

not gonna happen its like getting Fulham to break into the top 4. They might give them the odd good game but they don't have the resources to be on a level playing field.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
He did an amazing job with us, with what was available to him. DK got rid of him too quickly IMO.. I know for a fact he was dissappointed to be sacked , but maybe it was best for him (as it has turned out).
Mark is held in very high regard in the footy world, and by far better judges than us !

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Can we not move on from MM PLEASE

We have had THREE managers since then...

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Yes, I believe Reading and Leicester fans hold him in high esteem for his loyalty.
:thumbsup:

Too loyal to us though wasn't he? I bet he regrets not walking after the 1st Championship season everytime he gets on a train to Scotland from his home down here. I believe about 90% of Albion fans were gagging for him to sign the contract, fickle bunch.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
shame people have to knock the guy.
he did well for us in difficult circumstances
glad he is getting the job he has wanted for so long and I'm sure he will do well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here