Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] McGhee 99% likely to leave by end of week!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Croydonbloke said:
Can you persuade him to stay

Why the f*** would we want to do that!!!! Believe it or not we dont want to be the constant amusement to all you palace fans!!! As we will be a laughing stock when we are languishing in League 1 while Magoo plays Wayne Henderson at centre forward because he played there once when he was at school.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Why the f*** would we want to do that!!!! Believe it or not we dont want to be the constant amusement to all you palace fans!!! As we will be a laughing stock when we are languishing in League 1 while Magoo plays Wayne Henderson at centre forward because he played there once when he was at school.

Funny that, there doesnt seem to be a great deal of support for him to stay, even from the usual suspects.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Rougvie said:
Funny that, there doesnt seem to be a great deal of support for him to stay, even from the usual suspects.

This is true, there is only one person who is in staunch support for Magoo come hell or high water. Thankfully its someone who doesnt have any financial clout so his opinion isnt going to be taken into account.

That must really really hurt him.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Listening to BBC SCR now just incase they say something!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
warlingham seagull said:
maybe this is somewhere on the 16 pages but SCR has just reported that DK has said that MM's future will be decided 'amicably' within the next 24 hours

Just heard that report again on SCR

Surely the fact that the word "amicable" is mentioned suggests that he is letting MM go,

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Sounds like a nice way of giving him the boot. I expect mutual consent will be mention too.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Icy Gull said:
Maybe I'm being thick here but why would Naylor put his own job on the line by printing a little story he'd cooked up with MM on the golf course. On the one hand we have all the MM outers leaping around saying there's nothing to this but a little disagreement between the board and hardly able to contain their glee. On the other are those who think that this just might run deeper than just getting MM out.

The only bit that has me totally confused is why Naylor would make things up and go to these lengths because he wants to keep MM in a job??? Surely someone from the board would have quashed this by now, if there wasn't some truth in it?

Or he's made it up to sell a few more copies of the Argus.

I don't trust anything said or written by a journalist. Just because BBC SCR repeat what's written in the Argus doesn't necessarily make it true.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
34064 Fighter Command said:
Or he's made it up to sell a few more copies of the Argus.

I said that earlier!!! On about page 8 or summat!

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
I like the way Knight says that it would be a "knee jerk" reaction to offload him. I thought that a "knee jerk" reaction was one that was taken on the spur of the moment, not one that has been coming for about 6 months based on one of the worst runs of form that many of us can remember!

There'll always be a place for Magoo at Brighton. In the Hamburger concession.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I think it is more likely MM will resign. If you were him would you need this shit?

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Les Biehn said:
I think it is more likely MM will resign. If you were him would you need this shit?

No offence intended but surely people are entitled to their opinions on some of the most grim football I pesonally have seen in 20 years of following the Albion.

To put up with that 'shit' he is paid an extremely decent salary, in fact probably paid more than 90% of the people that contribute to this board.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Les Biehn said:
Let's hope so, at least do SOMETHING for the club by wasting no more of our money. :clap:

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Les Biehn said:

Good. This will save us a compensation then hopefully!

Im sure we will never know if MM was pushed or resigned if the words mutual consent are used and im sure they will be.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
London Irish said:
If Martin Perry was a director of the Albion and the owner of McAlpines, that would indeed also be something to worry about once the tendering process took place.

But he isn't, so that's a complete red herring. Being a former employee is not a conflict of interest.

Not exactly a red herring, and although I agree that there is NO LONGER a conflict of interest, are you seriously telling me you expect him not to have a word in the ear of his replacement at McAlpine- after all LI he was their head of "special projects"- the section of the company that dealt with the construction of The Galpharm Stadium. (Huddersfield.)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well I hope that it's the 1% chance and he stays. Football fans expect loyalty but don't necessarily give it. I accept I'm in the minority but I'm still of the opinion that nobody realistic could have done better. The club are now going to spend the 250k they should have spent in January whilst we had the chance of staying up :shootself

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Icy Gull said:
Well I hope that it's the 1% chance and he stays. Football fans expect loyalty but don't necessarily give it. I accept I'm in the minority but I'm still of the opinion that nobody realistic could have done better. The club are now going to spend the 250k they should have spent in January whilst we had the chance of staying up :shootself
Not if he does the decent thing and realises he's not wanted, stubborn bugger should have walked long ago, he doesn't care about the club or he'd not be hanging around for nice pay off.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Rougvie said:
No offence intended but surely people are entitled to their opinions on some of the most grim football I pesonally have seen in 20 years of following the Albion.

To put up with that 'shit' he is paid an extremely decent salary, in fact probably paid more than 90% of the people that contribute to this board.

No offence taken. I certainly agree that the football has not been of the highest calibre and on the playing side MM hasn't brought the best out of the team. but he has been loyal, I believe tried to do his best and has been seriously hampered by off the field activity. Not only this but lets not forget we were promoted under him and he kept us up against the odds. The sales of Virgo and Harding, players he essentially gave the opportunity to shine, have very much helped to keep us afloat in these troubled times. Sure sometimes his decisions aren't the best but I just feel the man at least deserves some respect.

Sheffield Wednesday act as a great example of how hard it is to do well with a team with massive financial restrictions and they at least have a big stadium. How many managers have tried and failed? Sturrock is the only one who has done something approaching a decent job for them and he has only done a bit better than MM this year, with more money to spend.

Last edited:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Where does all this he's been loyal thing come from?...

Nobody else has ever wanted him, he's never been tested.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here