Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] McGhee 99% likely to leave by end of week!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
nomad_seagull said:
I dont believe this for a minute.

Sure with all the problems this club has had over the past few years it will take time to build up crowds when we have the capacity, but the fact that there is demand really cant be argued with.

Look at Reading, in a short time scale they have gone from Elm Park and crowds of 6,000 to a Premiership team selling out 24,000 stadium week in week out.

THe future of BHA is Falmer

the converse argument to that is what has happened to Oxford United, who started out with great plans, and ended up with a fiasco and now they are a game away from heading to the Conference

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
sir danny cullip said:
So basically LB to sum up your opinion on the whole thing, you think that MM and Naylor are in this together and published this story to provide a smokescreen to cover the real reasons MM will eventually loose his job and blame it on a boardroom struggle?

That is my thought at the moment, especially after the article by Naylor the other day praising MM and telling us we must stick with him

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
sir danny cullip said:
Certainly an interesting theory and very believable.

Well thats what i'm hoping.... not really sure that sacking MM is the right thing to do but rather that than a messy boardroom struggle which isn't what we need

Bugs Hill

Jan 13, 2004
Rougvie said:
1. Derek Chapman has NEVER stated an interest in building Falmer.

2. I wouldnt comment on what DC has actually done for this club unless I knew the facts, you clearly think that he has suddenly got on the bandwagon to cash in on a building project, if you really did know the facts you would feel like an absolute PRICK to even sugest it, and there are plenty of others here who will vouch for that

To indicate anything else is made up in your head.

You need to brush up on your HISTORY of this club, before you start spouting off against good people that have been around for more than the 3 or so years you have been following us for.

Adenstar Developments Limited, of which D Chapman is a director, continues to hold an option to undertake the construction work for the new proposed development at Falmer, subject to Adenstar Developments Limited providing “best value” by entering into a competitive tender process once planning permission for the stadium has been granted.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Naylor must LOVE reading this!!

especially as he has reeled in more serious, professional journos (if u believe placcy) than himself

and judging by some of the sensationalist tosh that I've read on here Im more inclined to believe that LI writes for the sun than the FT.

OIRISH - OWNED

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Dies Irae said:

from that article:

"The accounts state: "In October 2000 the company granted an option to Adenstar Developments Limited to undertake the construction work for the proposed new development at Falmer, subject to Adenstar proving 'best value' by entering into a competitive tender process once planning permission for the stadium has been granted.

"In return for this option Adenstar paid £500,000 in October 2000 to cover the costs of the preparation of the design drawings, transportation assessment, environment impact statement, the outline business case and supporting statement."

nothing untoward there....

nomad_seagull

Jul 27, 2004
Dies Irae said:
the converse argument to that is what has happened to Oxford United, who started out with great plans, and ended up with a fiasco and now they are a game away from heading to the Conference

Agreed, but I didnt say Falmer guaranteed success, just that there wasnt an alternative.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Bugs Hill said:
Adenstar Developments Limited, of which D Chapman is a director, continues to hold an option to undertake the construction work for the new proposed development at Falmer, subject to Adenstar Developments Limited providing “best value” by entering into a competitive tender process once planning permission for the stadium has been granted.

Fair enough I hadn't read that article before.

Knowing people who know the guy personally its just extremely irritating to hear them being slagged off by johnny come latelys who think they know it all about a club they have supported for a few years.

It still in no way means that the guy is in it for the money.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
dwayne said:
Bugs Hill = Naylor?

If he is Naylor I hope he contributes some of his wages to the upkeep of NSC, after all he does lift half of his shoddy journalism from here:jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here