Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McDonalds - bleeurgh

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Easy 10 said:
As soon as I got in from work yesterday, I was dragged out to Tesco to get the shopping in. Afterwards, not having had any dinner, I was absolutely RAVENOUS. Walking past McDonalds, it suddenly seemed the easiest option just to jump in and grab a bite to eat there, rather than going home and ar$ing about cooking something. I'd not had one in ages (not sober anyway), so I thought "why not, it'll do won't it ?".

Never again.

I ordered a Quarterpounder with cheese. After discarding the ubiquitous pickled gherkin slices (seriously - does ANYONE actually eat them ?), I took a bite, and then took a close look at what it was I was actually eating. The compacted meat had a dull, greyish hue, and a moderate squeeze on the bun brought forth an ooze of grease and fat from within. The burger itself was lukewarm, the slice of processed cheese was still cold, and the onion ranged from a slight transparent sliver to a poorly chopped chunk. The ketchup sauce had gone through and thoroughly saturated the bun, and the burger itself tasted overwhelmingly salty. The whole thing was just so revolting I lobbed it straight in the bin, went home, and cleaned my teeth to get rid of the foul aftertaste from that single bite. I had some leftover beef curry instead, which I really wish I'd done in the first place.

OK, "McDonalds burgers are sh1t" isn't exactly headline stuff. Maybe I should have known exactly what to expect. But I seriously hadn’t realised just how utterly disgusting their food really is. I kind of had the idea that yes, its bad for you, yes its mass-produced, quickly-made, slapped together junk. But I thought it would at least be vaguely edible, and would fill a gap for the time being. Well I've learned my lesson. Unless the earth has been scorched by a thermo-nuclear blast and left me trapped underground escaping the constant threat of radiation and fighting off a rabid gang of deranged deformed mutant hybrid zombies hungry for my flesh, and the only food left withinin a fifty-square mile radius is a Big Mac meal that somehow survived the blast because it was being heated up in a microwave at the time the bomb went off and so the effects of radiation were in some way nullified, leaving the meal still just about recognisable, and I havn't eaten for six days, and the gherkins have been taken out, and its not too salty, and there's a toy with it, then I might, MIGHT just have a nibble.

Otherwise, forget it.

when me and B.M.F. were in st.petersberg 2 years ago, the tour guide we had used to work as a scientist within the foods and fats industry.
he told us that there is a certain fat within macdonalds burgers which the body cannot breakdown.
this was tested with copius amounts of different acids to try and break down this particular fat which all proved unsuccessful.

EAT THEM AT YOUR OWN PERIL

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Should have gone for the fish slab mate. THey don't have to use pressure hoses to get the meat of the fish carcass...

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Re: Re: McDonalds - bleeurgh

moggy said:
when me and B.M.F. were in st.petersberg 2 years ago, the tour guide we had used to work as a scientist within the foods and fats industry.
he told us that there is a certain fat within macdonalds burgers which the body cannot breakdown.
this was tested with copius amounts of different acids to try and break down this particular fat which all proved unsuccessful.

EAT THEM AT YOUR OWN PERIL

I haven't had McD's for years, but do remember the last time I had one was for lunch when we were renovating and the heat and power were off, I swear that burger sat in my stomach like a sick lead weight for the rest of that day!!

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
dizzy_girl said:
thankfully mcd's stopped doing veggie burgers so I haven't even been tempted through those golden arches!

ha, I didn't even know that ...

Last time I ate in a McDonalds was about 10 years ago when I was in Whistler, nice veggie burgers in Canada :)

D

Deleted member 2719

I decided to boycott Mac Donalds 25years ago when they food poisioned me for what seemed like days.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Lokki 7 said:
I can't help but wonder Mr 10, what EXACTLY were you expecting to be served up at McDonalds after ordering a Quarter Pounder with cheese?
And for the record, gherkins MAKE IT. Perhaps that is where you are going wrong?
Well, I just thought I'd get something at least vaguely edible, and quickly. I wasn't expecting it to be great obviously, but what I ended up with went WAY beyond my worst fears. I was quite shocked and taken aback at just how vile it was.

I'm just naive I suppose.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Rangdo said:
Presumably you were at Holmbush.

Why didn't you nip down to Uncle Sams in Shoreham you mad mad fool?
I have no credible defence m'lud.
Take me down.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Some people never learn McDonalds = CRAP

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Stick to good old fish and chips cant go wrong! Await dodgy tales!

And you can't beat a pickled gerkin.

After eating a McDonalds you allways get a load of flem crap in your throat or is that just me?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nothing to do with McDonalds but obviously a lot of the people who post on here are talking about Holmbush so presumably live in or near Shoreham.

I was driving over Norfolk Bridge towards Lancing the other day and wondered is the old toll bridge that used to be about 3d to go over in the 60s still there or has the road been closed and the bridge knocked down. Somebody must remember the road that the buses went over before using the Norfolk Bridge.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
BensGrandad said:
I was driving over Norfolk Bridge towards Lancing the other day and wondered is the old toll bridge that used to be about 3d to go over in the 60s still there or has the road been closed and the bridge knocked down. Somebody must remember the road that the buses went over before using the Norfolk Bridge.

The wooden bridge by the Red Lion is still there but there are barriers up so you can only go down the middle so to speak.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
McDonalds, where the milk shakes have potato in them but the fries don't. Yuk, haven't been in one for years.

This is an interesting site http://www.mcspotlight.org/

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Beach Hut said:
The wooden bridge by the Red Lion is still there but there are barriers up so you can only go down the middle so to speak.

Yep theres a restoration fund underway to fix it up! We trundle over it every now and then - great spot to watch the bath tub race - and its the starting point for our Good friday walk to Bramber!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here