Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McDonalds - bleeurgh

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As soon as I got in from work yesterday, I was dragged out to Tesco to get the shopping in. Afterwards, not having had any dinner, I was absolutely RAVENOUS. Walking past McDonalds, it suddenly seemed the easiest option just to jump in and grab a bite to eat there, rather than going home and ar$ing about cooking something. I'd not had one in ages (not sober anyway), so I thought "why not, it'll do won't it ?".

Never again.

I ordered a Quarterpounder with cheese. After discarding the ubiquitous pickled gherkin slices (seriously - does ANYONE actually eat them ?), I took a bite, and then took a close look at what it was I was actually eating. The compacted meat had a dull, greyish hue, and a moderate squeeze on the bun brought forth an ooze of grease and fat from within. The burger itself was lukewarm, the slice of processed cheese was still cold, and the onion ranged from a slight transparent sliver to a poorly chopped chunk. The ketchup sauce had gone through and thoroughly saturated the bun, and the burger itself tasted overwhelmingly salty. The whole thing was just so revolting I lobbed it straight in the bin, went home, and cleaned my teeth to get rid of the foul aftertaste from that single bite. I had some leftover beef curry instead, which I really wish I'd done in the first place.

OK, "McDonalds burgers are sh1t" isn't exactly headline stuff. Maybe I should have known exactly what to expect. But I seriously hadn’t realised just how utterly disgusting their food really is. I kind of had the idea that yes, its bad for you, yes its mass-produced, quickly-made, slapped together junk. But I thought it would at least be vaguely edible, and would fill a gap for the time being. Well I've learned my lesson. Unless the earth has been scorched by a thermo-nuclear blast and left me trapped underground escaping the constant threat of radiation and fighting off a rabid gang of deranged deformed mutant hybrid zombies hungry for my flesh, and the only food left withinin a fifty-square mile radius is a Big Mac meal that somehow survived the blast because it was being heated up in a microwave at the time the bomb went off and so the effects of radiation were in some way nullified, leaving the meal still just about recognisable, and I havn't eaten for six days, and the gherkins have been taken out, and its not too salty, and there's a toy with it, then I might, MIGHT just have a nibble.

Otherwise, forget it.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Easy 10 said:
After discarding the ubiquitous pickled gherkin slices (seriously - does ANYONE actually eat them ?)

:ohmy: I dont eat McDonalds but love gherkins (espically with fish and chips) cant beleive people dont like them

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
dizzy_girl said:
tescos and mcdonalds in one day? you poor poor soul.

thankfully mcd's stopped doing veggie burgers so I haven't even been tempted through those golden arches!

Try their Deli Veggie Melt, you won't be disappointed.

:thumbsup:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Yes their food is gross but their milkshakes are alright.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Easy 10 said:
As soon as I got in from work yesterday, I was dragged out to Tesco to get the shopping in. Afterwards, not having had any dinner, I was absolutely RAVENOUS. Walking past McDonalds, it suddenly seemed the easiest option just to jump in and grab a bite to eat there, rather than going home and ar$ing about cooking something. I'd not had one in ages (not sober anyway), so I thought "why not, it'll do won't it ?".

Never again.

I ordered a Quarterpounder with cheese. After discarding the ubiquitous pickled gherkin slices (seriously - does ANYONE actually eat them ?), I took a bite, and then took a close look at what it was I was actually eating. The compacted meat had a dull, greyish hue, and a moderate squeeze on the bun brought forth an ooze of grease and fat from within. The burger itself was lukewarm, the slice of processed cheese was still cold, and the onion ranged from a slight transparent sliver to a poorly chopped chunk. The ketchup sauce had gone through and thoroughly saturated the bun, and the burger itself tasted overwhelmingly salty. The whole thing was just so revolting I lobbed it straight in the bin, went home, and cleaned my teeth to get rid of the foul aftertaste from that single bite. I had some leftover beef curry instead, which I really wish I'd done in the first place.

OK, "McDonalds burgers are sh1t" isn't exactly headline stuff. Maybe I should have known exactly what to expect. But I seriously hadn’t realised just how utterly disgusting their food really is. I kind of had the idea that yes, its bad for you, yes its mass-produced, quickly-made, slapped together junk. But I thought it would at least be vaguely edible, and would fill a gap for the time being. Well I've learned my lesson. Unless the earth has been scorched by a thermo-nuclear blast and left me trapped underground escaping the constant threat of radiation and fighting off a rabid gang of deranged deformed mutant hybrid zombies hungry for my flesh, and the only food left withinin a fifty-square mile radius is a Big Mac meal that somehow survived the blast because it was being heated up in a microwave at the time the bomb went off and so the effects of radiation were in some way nullified, leaving the meal still just about recognisable, and I havn't eaten for six days, and the gherkins have been taken out, and its not too salty, and there's a toy with it, then I might, MIGHT just have a nibble.

Otherwise, forget it.

I did exactly the same thing the other evening after shopping at Holmbush Tescos. Not having been to McDs for 4 years, I thought I'd give in. Had a Big Mac and thought it was absolutely disgusting. Never again.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
I had a KFC Twister in an emergency on Monday - fourth fast food 'meal' in about as many years.

Absolutely f***ing vile, insipid shit.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Easy 10 said:
I took a bite, and then took a close look at what it was I was actually eating. The compacted meat had a dull, greyish hue, and a moderate squeeze on the bun brought forth an ooze of grease and fat from within.

God I am now sooooooooooo hungary.

Hugh FW, on Chl4 last night, showed the break down of chemicals in 1 of those microwave burger in a bun thingys.
The guy who lived on them vowed never to eat another.

I used to agree with you DP, about the milkshakes, until I found out they have about 1 million calories, per serving.
Kind off puts you off knowing 1 serving is enough for a hibernating Grizzly to last the winter on.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
I had a narrow escape recently! After a rather heavy stag night a friend and I wandered into the kebab shop near the bottom of Trafalgar St. Against my better judgement and probably as a direct result of being pissed I ordered a large chicken doner! This delectable feast was duly served and I staggered home with it, however at the point of unwrapping said banquet I suddenly fely queasy and decided not proceed further and went to bed leaving the sad package on the kitchen table.

The next morning I was about to lob Mr Kebab into the bin when I noticed a strange consistency when holding the dubious bundle. I started to peel back the layers of paper feeling like Howard Carter unwrapping King Tut, only to find that the kebab had congealed into a solid lump. This work of art could have been in my stomach, and by the look of it probably wouldn't have seen the light of day again for a good week! I shudder to speculate on what the fat content may have been!:sick:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Re: Re: McDonalds - bleeurgh

surrey jim said:
:ohmy: but love gherkins (espically with fish and chips) cant beleive people dont like them

GhurkasWaiting.jpg
:eek:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Re: Re: McDonalds - bleeurgh

Stat Brother said:
Easy 10 said:
Hugh FW, on Chl4 last night, showed the break down of chemicals in 1 of those microwave burger in a bun thingys.
The guy who lived on them vowed never to eat another.

I really wanted to see that last night but the Sky freeview card I bought off ebay, that once had ch4 & 5 on it, now displays a screen prompting me to phone up and upgrade.

I avoid all fastfood and processed foods and quite enjoyed the tax the fat programme on more4 that suggested maybe these should be taxed higher.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Have to agree about the sausage and egg mcmuffin. That, with a hash brown, is a passable bad hangover/airport shout in an emergency.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here