Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McCammon back on loan

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Pavilionaire said:
Great, a striker with no skill who can't score. It would be cheaper and just as productive to play with 10 men.

How do you explain our results sicne he joined. Is it just a coincidence that Knight has started to play a bit better?

Give him a chance at least before writing him off completely.

larus

Pavilionaire said:
Great, a striker with no skill who can't score. It would be cheaper and just as productive to play with 10 men.

The amount of people that say 'Look at the tables, they don't lie.' when it relates to teams going up/down, etc.

Look at our form/goals scored with McCammon in the team. It's the best it's been all season.

I agree with part of your view Pavilionaire that he ain't gonna set the world alight, but sometimes, certain players can add a different dimension to a team. He creates more space for LK to work with, and we've seen the best from him with MM playing. With Virgo, it just didn't look right, no understanding between the 2 of them.

I would be pleased to take him on loan/short-term contract until the end of the season as he adds more physical threat up front than Virgo, and LK seems to enjoy playing with him. After all, he's only played in a handful of games, so that is not really a true reflection of his effectiveness.

Last edited:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I think McGammons getting a raw deal. he seems to already be the target of the "plain speaking" types. No he isn't the next Ronaldo, but he is a target man that gives us another option up front. I thought he held the ball up ok, less likely to shin it into the crowd than Virgo and he will actually turn with the ball and take on defenders, something I don't recall seeing Claridge do.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
:clap: he did make a positive difference

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I really cant understand the slating he gets, he makes us play as a better team, even if he doesnt have the best ability in the world. Give the bloke a chance ffs.

Dawsey

Apr 25, 2004
Brighton
larus said:
The amount of people that say 'Look at the tables, they don't lie.' when it relates to teams going up/down, etc.

Look at our form/goals scored with McCammon in the team. It's the best it's been all season.

I agree with part of your view Pavilionaire that he ain't gonna set the world alight, but sometimes, certain players can add a different dimension to a team. He creates more space for LK to work with, and we've seen the best from him with MM playing. With Virgo, it just didn't look right, no understanding between the 2 of them.

I would be pleased to take him on loan/short-term contract until the end of the season as he adds more physical threat up front than Virgo, and LK seems to enjoy playing with him. After all, he's only played in a handful of games, so that is not really a true reflection of his effectiveness.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Our record with him in the team speaks for itself. Thats good enough for me.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Deffinatly pleased with that.

McGhee thought he could have helped us win the Forest game.

Reckon he's very under-rated but that's just my opinion. :jester:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don't think he's the most skillful player in the world but......

If he's good enough for MM he's good enough for me!

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Buzza said:
I don't think he's the most skillful player in the world but......

I think thats the point. He's big, powerful and causes defenders grief freeing up space elsewher. He'll be good for Leon I reckon.

From a comedy point of view I'm delighted. From a footballing perspective, oh dear.

I'm not a McGhee doubter as such, just think McCammon is a panic measure as we are desperate for a tall forward.

If it doesn't work out we could always loan him to Brighton Bears.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
McGhee thinks he can do a job and isn't worried about the lack of goals. I think I'll trust McGhee's judgement on this.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Just the sort of player we need... a target man... good signing IMHO...

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
In the city of Brighton there is one man who really knows his football. His name is Mark Mcghee.

and anyway, as CTS says, look at the results.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here